Hey guys,

I have a MIM Strat with a MIJ Maple neck LEFT HANDED.

been searching for ages now for a set of pickups and here are my choices...

Bare Knuckle Mother's Milk - Neck and middle

Seymour Duncan hot rails- Bridge? (Is this a good idea?) I don't like the thin sound of my stock bridge pickup. I'd love to have the bridge sound more full and round as the neck pups tend to be. The only way I can see I can overcome this problem is to introduce a single humbucker

Rock Monkey 62 Smooth groove- Neck

Rock Monkey Hot Texan smooth groove- Bridge

Rock Monkey warm gorilla groove- Bridge

I play mainly classic rock, blues, clean stuff. I don't use distortion ALOT. But I do use it and I use it alot on my solos.

I like the idea of supporting rock monkey pickups. They seem amazing after seeing a clip on here of some.

Opinions will hopefully finalise my views on what I want.

So help me Thanks people

Luke.
Last edited by moominman2 at Sep 13, 2010,
Two things.

1. You might want to look into the SD Cool Rails, it's basically a lower output Hot Rail. I think It might work better for you if you want to go that route.

2. Is your bridge pickup wired to a tone pot? I'm not too familiar with strat wiring but I know my friend's is, but I think he did that himself, that could help you get some roundness out of your bridge pickup.

I don't have any experience with Bare Knuckle or Rock Monkey, although now that I've heard Rock Monkey twice today I'm going to look it up. You could also look into some DiMarzio rail style single coils, they seem to have a lot more variety then SD.
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.
Agreed with Kyle on the Cool Rail. I had one, I'm using the Hot Rail now and I must say I liked the Cool Rail far better. The Hot Rail is only good for high gain and even then it's kinda meh. The Cool Rail is much more versatile, though it can't replace a standard-sized humbucker, either.

^The dude who makes Rock Monkey pups frequents this place. Nice helpful guy and gives a 10% discount to forum members if I'm not mistaken. CorduroyEW is his username.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Sep 12, 2010,
thank you both I'll look into the cool rails and I understand what you mean about the tone pot being connected to the pup will help. I didn't really think of that haha.

Thanks, I appriciate the help.

Anyone else got any opinions?

Luke
Quote by moominman2
I didn't really think of that haha.

It seems like no one ever does. I found out my friend did his himself, he has the neck pickup rigged to one tone pot and the middle and bridge connected to the other one.

It's a pretty cheap soldering job so you could do that before you get the new pickups and see if that helps.
Me and my girlfriend were in a guitar store one day.

My GF- What's the difference between Gibson and Epiphone?

Me- (Explains)

GF- So Epiphone is like Gibson's slutty little sister?

Me- I love you.
Have you thought about getting another BKP in the bridge but having it zinc base plated? I have three trilogy suites in my strat all are zinc base plated and I can play the br00tz on it no problem. It gets that punchy palm mute sound a breeze so it should sound "Thick" enough for you too.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
I've just checked out the Duncan Quarter Pounder. I like it! Alot! I think I might buy one of these for the bridge.

Any opinions on it?

Might go for some bareknuckle slow hands or a 62 Smooth Groove rock monkey pickup in the middle and neck at this point too. They look very nice.
Last edited by moominman2 at Sep 13, 2010,