Well, it's sunday, and I've finished my build! I apologize in advance for crappy cell phone pictures.

What it is, is a distortion, reverb, and mini combo amp all built into one. Be sure to read the picture descriptions to know all the extra features.

For the Distortion, I used Aron Nelson's Insanity Box. It's very versatile, and is really good for tweaking. It can go from a good clean drive to really intense distortion.

For the Reverb, I used General Guitar Gadget's simple Digital Reverb

Finally for the Amp, I used a modified Beavis Audio Noisy Cricket Mk II.

Currently, I forgot a cap to wire up the amp tone pot, and the LED for the amp needs to be replaced, but other than that, it's fully functional.

The circuits

The front, from left
Stereo Jack, for power switching
Distortion on/off
Distortion Drive
Distortion Tone - I really like the tone knob on this, it's versatile.
Distortion Volume
Reverb on/off
Reverb Level
Amp on/off
Amp Volume
Amp Tone
Amp Gain Switch - used instead of a pot, turns it from clean, which will distort a bit with hard strumming to an okay crunch.

Construction Gut Shot

Another Front Shot, you can see how there's no LED for the Amp on/off.

It can be powered either with a 9V adapter, with plug on the side, or with up to 3 9V in parallel for longer life, you can use less batteries if wanted. The plus side about batteries, It's portable!

A shot of the bottom with rubber feet, to get some bearings, the speaker is on the other side on the right, the 9V on the left small side.

The insides are messy, oh well. This is looking in the bottom, The distortion/reverb (built on the same board) is mounted to the top of the box, near the speaker, and the amp circuit is on the small wall opposite the 9V adapter, right next to the speaker.

Size comparison

This is the back, from the left:
Headphone jack
Speaker out, to bypass the internal speaker
Amp out, to use it just as a distortion and reverb effects box
Effects loop in
Effects loop out - these two jacks are for if you want to put another effect between the distortion and reverb.
Distortion/Reverb switch This switch is for a little added versatility, it determines what effect your guitar signal goes into first, the distortion then reverb, or reverb then distortion.

So that's my entry, more pics can be taken on request.

Eventually, it will be painted white, with black vinyl lettering, then clear coated, and buffed to a shine. the Amp LED will be blue as well.

EDIT: I know you can't tell from the pictures, but there is a wire mesh over the speaker, under the hole which is screwed and glued in place, so that things cannot pierce through the speaker.

Feel free to ask any questions, and choose me to win!

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Last edited by MonkeyLink07 at Sep 13, 2010,
I'll get clips if and when I have time to set up my recording crap again and download audacity again, but I don't know when I'll have time.

The Insanity Box sound good, It's really tweakable, With 4 trimpots just to control what distorts it. IMO it really gets a good EVH style, but can do a lot more, although I don't know if it matches the description in the "Marketing Crap" part in the link I posted, but it's pretty close.

A layout for the perf? I don't, what program could you do it in anyway? I just put the parts in, trying to find the best fit. Ended up fitting it on half of one of SBE's large boards.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
I have a 4x12 that I got with my MG , so i can use that, it's plenty loud. But I like that I can use a lower volume with bigger speakers, so it distorts less from the Amp, as the distortion from the amp doesn't sound good compared to the Insanity Box.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
How did you wire the headphone and speaker jacks? I'm considering building a Noisy Cricket and I'd like to have both outputs on it, but I'm not sure how and if there's some voltage-limiting that needs to be done for the headphone output.
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
This is how I did it. I 'm not sure about voltage limiting, just make sure not to have the thing on full blast when you plug in headphones, then slowly increase until it's loud enough.

But I usually play it with the amp volume low to keep it clean, then use the Insanity Box distortion to make it how I want, so through the built in speaker is quiet enough.

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2816/miniampoutputs.png

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA
Cool, thanks man
My Tele Project!

Cheapy Johnson Steel String Acoustic
Les Paul Ripoff w/ SD SH2 and SH4
Modded Crate V18 2x12 w/ Weber Speakers
Squier Deluxe 5-string Active J-Bass
Acoustic B100 15" Bass Combo Amp
Gray VS Jekyll & Hyde
Vox V847A Wah
no, I've been wicked busy lately with soccer. I haven't had any time to do anything with this, not even put in the last LED. When I do I'll PM them to you.

████████████
████████████

RBY CYOA