Page 1 of 2
Try alternating both of your legs forward.
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
A mile isn't hard. Make sure you strecth beforehand, and try not to walk. It'll be easier.
Breathe deeply before you start running for about ten minutes and do the same while and after running. Also, drink some water about ten minutes before you start.
completely space out, just run on autopilot; and it's just a mile, i mean come on now it's not that far
Eat a good meal of pasta or some shit about 2 hours before you start. Drink water regularly throughout the day, but don't drink too much before you go or you'll get a stitch. Stretch.

And wait... why do you have a state mandated running test? Why is this shit compulsory?
Breathe easy, stretch prior to the run, relax, keep your hands loose, keep your back at a comfortable position (not hunched forward, but not straight as a rail either) make sure your shoes are tied comfortably tight so they won't slip and cause blisters.
Have a healthy meal before the run, but not to close so it won't cause any problems. be well hydrated.

but it is just a mile, so you should have no problem with it at all.
I held the county endurance record when I was younger. Because I forgot what I was doing. Imagine something perfect, a tulip, or a girl you slept with, who was lowering her standards.
Don't push yourself too hard. Find a nice steady pace and go with it the whole way. When you start most people will begin sprinting, don't fall into that trap; don't worry about passing others, it's not a race.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
I'm glad most people gave good replies instead pointless unfunny sarcasm.

Like eat something sugary just before you set off to get a sugar rush, correct me if I'm wrong on that advise xD
/CENTER]
Don't **** yourself on the first lap.

Don't.

Just go medium the first lap, try and get your split, and go faster or slower based off of that.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Just wear the best running shoes you have.

Take it easy and it'll be over in 8 mins.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Inhale on your left foot, exhale on your right. You'll avoid getting a stitch that way.
Do not start off going as fast as you can, you'll die in a minute.

One mile isn't far, you'll probably be done with it in about 6 or 7 minutes.
ಥ_ಥ ಠ_ಠ ಠ_ೃ ·ಏ· ಢ_ಢ

E-Married to the sexy DarkConcertine

and Jon777 .

Quote by Doctor Matthews
Inhale through your nose and exhale through your mouth.

This. He has 'Doctor' in his name so you know it's legit
Proper shoes are also important

Two miles should be your warmup, then the real running begins.
В словах есть что-то неприличное.
Just take it slow and don't eat anything within 1-2 hours before running. Have something like pasta a few hours before running, though, it'll give you some energy atlest. If you're unused to running you'll probably feel it though.

Try to run so your feet roll onto and off the ground, don't run like you're stomping the ground.

Quote by MakinLattes
oh, those things. I told them that physical exertion was against my spiritual beliefs.

gullible California schooling...

They really fell for that?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Jog at least a quarter mile before the race and stretch. Load up on carbs the night before too. It's just a mile, you'll be fine.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by Zaphikh
Two miles should be your warmup, then the real running begins.

Some people here have had no exercise in several years, on a good day they'll get up a flight of stairs without wrecking themselves.
Seriously, it's one mile. It will be less than ten minutes. You don't need advice for this.
Wait, a mile as in 1.4 km or something like that? That's nothing, seriously. I thought you meant 10 km.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Ninja Vampirate
Some people here have had no exercise in several years, on a good day they'll get up a flight of stairs without wrecking themselves.

I suppose you have a point.

Alright fine, I'll give advice. Don't hold your breath, close your eyes, or tie your shoelaces together. Most importantly make sure you are not chained to a boat anchor. Good luck and godspeed.
Quote by Kensai
They really fell for that?

hell yes they did. I got out of high school without earning a single "mandatory" PE credit.

I'm not against PE, I just wouldn't wear a uniform and they didn't allow participation in regular clothes.
Quote by Kensai
Wait, a mile as in 1.4 km or something like that? That's nothing, seriously. I thought you meant 10 km.

Yeah, something like that. A 10k is 6.4 miles.
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
Quote by genghisgandhi
I've a mile before, I'm just wondering if I'm missing out on something to make it easier.

Practice.
Super
Old
Cats
Are
Surprising

Many profile views... few friends...
Quote by genghisgandhi
I've a mile before, I'm just wondering if I'm missing out on something to make it easier.

Endurance.
Keep your elbows at 90 degrees, doing a full range of motion. Your hands should move from "cheek to cheek" (butt to face).
Try not to be bouncy when running.
Land on the balls of your feet, then let your heels come down, then push off again from the balls.
Try have longer strides.
As a warning, generally the third lap is the hardest (if your doing this on a quarter mile track) so be prepared for that.
My Gear
Fender 72 Tele Deluxe
Behringer GM108
Austin Boot-Heel Cutaway
Dunlop Original Crybaby
Boss DS-1 Distortion
Peavey Valveking 112

Quote by mikeman
Everyone can relate to food or taking dumps but nobody sings about it.
Quote by cap'n curry
Keep your elbows at 90 degrees, doing a full range of motion. Your hands should move from "cheek to cheek" (butt to face).
Try not to be bouncy when running.
Land on the balls of your feet, then let your heels come down, then push off again from the balls.
Try have longer strides.
As a warning, generally the third lap is the hardest (if your doing this on a quarter mile track) so be prepared for that.

Please make a video of yourself running, because that sounds hilarious.
Nine planets surround the sun
Only one does the sun embrace
Upon this watered one
So much we take for granted

So let us sleep outside tonight
Lay down in our mother's arms
For here we can rest safely
Make sure you warmup at least a little bit before stretching, say a quarter mile. Static stretching=bad idea.
Quote by pl0x
I'm glad most people gave good replies instead pointless unfunny sarcasm.

Like eat something sugary just before you set off to get a sugar rush, correct me if I'm wrong on that advise xD

Not only does your post apply to me here, but even your sig makes me feel really bad now!
Keep you doped with religion and sex and TV
And you think you're so clever and class less and free
But you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

A working class hero is something to be.
It's a mile, it won't be that tough at all. Just make sure you stretch, take some water with you and have some Lucozade or energy drink before. It will help.
signature
you know you're a wasteman when you ask for tips on how to run.
Fuck it.
Quote by Bullet-Rule
It's a mile, it won't be that tough at all. Just make sure you stretch, take some water with you and have some Lucozade or energy drink before. It will help.

Energy drinks before runs only make things worse. Just drink water throughout the day before you race (not right before) and warm up by jogging around a bit and stretching. A mile is really nothing though, you'll have no problem.
Quote by Ninja Vampirate

That's coming from the Bangor man again.. sea air slowing all your metabolisms

I joke tis a nice place....
Quote by hrdcorelaxplaya
fill it with used condoms and a note that says

"Last night was amazing. I love you.

-Kurt"
Page 1 of 2