I was looking back at my list of songs that i know and i started playing some. I find that i forget little things here and there like fills and some chord progressions. I have to look back and re-learn certain parts. It doesn't take long but still... do you guys remember every song like *that* because there is no way i can go play every song i know every time i practice.
When I'm bored (school) i play the songs on my arm. It doesn't help with the actual finger movement but it helps you remember songs and can help develop your ear if your singing it in your head while playing it on your arm.

Using right arm as fretboard and left fingers as left fingers.
You have to really get into it to remember a song flawlessly. If I actively listen to the same song on my ipod over and over because I enjoy it I'll be more likely to remember it. I don't really play songs I don't like so that was never really an issue for me. If you still manage to forget the little things it may be because you need a few more years of experience to really get there, it's not something that comes to you immediately.
Quote by SLS93
I was looking back at my list of songs that i know and i started playing some. I find that i forget little things here and there like fills and some chord progressions. I have to look back and re-learn certain parts. It doesn't take long but still... do you guys remember every song like *that* becaus
Oe there is no way i can go play every song i know every time i practice.

Over time, you will forget parts of songs and eventually entire songs, just like your brain tends to forget other stuff if you don't revisit it often enough.

So, no, noone will be able to remember every song like *that*, it's humanly impossible.

That said, if you've played something often enough, you will have developed muscle memory. Then when you try to remember it, after not having played it for a while, it actually gets in the way and often you won't be able to remember it properly. The trick is to let go in this case. Allow your fingers to play it for you. Trust your fingers!
Quote by SLS93
I have to look back and re-learn certain parts. It doesn't take long but still...
My mother used to tell me: Studying is not simply storing knowledge. It is enabling the ability to quickly relearn a skill when you will need it.