I'm getting a new guitar soon, and it has a Floyd Rose. I play MAINLY in D Standard, but I occasionally like to go down to Drop C.

If I was to tune my guitar to D standard, intonate, adjust..etc, and lock up, would I be able to use the fine tuner to drop my D string down to C? Either that or tuning to Drop C and using the fine tuners up to D standard.
You could, but it throws everything else off just enough to sound like crap. If you've got the money to spare, get an EVH D-Tuna. Instant Drop tuning.
Kodiak bears make awesome bandmates.

Quote by wolvenrick
no seriously 7x NGD is epicness i declare you the winner of all NGD's on UG never have i seen this xD
I've heard about the D-Tuna, do I have to block the bridge to use it, though? I still want to be able to use the bridge.
ideally you really dont want to change the tuning at all on a FR guitar without adjusting the springs. changing just that little bit shouldnt do a lot but again ideally dont change anything
www.facebook.com/allbutimpossible

Live Arsenal

Guitars
ESP EC1000 FR
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
ESP H1000 Deluxe
Ibanez RG7321

Amp
Line 6 Valve HD 100 Head
Line 6 Spider Valve 412VS 412 Cab

Misc
Shure PGX14 Wireless
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by shockdoctor92
ideally you really dont want to change the tuning at all on a FR guitar without adjusting the springs. changing just that little bit shouldnt do a lot but again ideally dont change anything

I'm talking about having the nut locked down, not unlocking and adjusting. I mean using the fine tuners to drop down to C.
unless your bridge is blocked, its not gonna work it will throw everything out of whack
your a wreck, an accident, forget the freak your just nature, keep the gun oiled and the temple clean, shit snort and blaspheme, let the heads cool and the engine run, because in the end everything we do is just everything we've done.
-corey taylor
unless tremolo is a big part of your playing style, put a tremolo block on the bridge, if you find yourself occasionally using tremolo your probably not gonna use it in a couple months, i loved the whammy bar on my strat when i got it, realized it was a waste of time and that i could just bend/trill notes, i've tried to do drop d on a standard guitar before and it didn't work, the knob almost unscrewed, put a tremolo block in and treat it like a normal guitar.
Quote by maowcat
unless tremolo is a big part of your playing style, put a tremolo block on the bridge, if you find yourself occasionally using tremolo your probably not gonna use it in a couple months, i loved the whammy bar on my strat when i got it, realized it was a waste of time and that i could just bend/trill notes, I've tried to do drop d on a standard guitar before and it didn't work, the knob almost unscrewed, put a tremolo block in and treat it like a normal guitar.

Well, on my "strat", I'll always be playing around, and I'll hit a note that just instantly registers as "wow, that would sound good with a dive bomb/pull up", which I can't do at all on my guitar atm. So it would be a pretty big part.