So im thinking about getting a very nice guitar with solid wood and ebony neck for 400 dollars. The only problem is the fretboard meets the body at the 12th fret! Does anyone think that will limit my playing too much?
is it an acoustic? Cause thats the only guitar i an think of that would do that. But on another note, yes that would limit your playing if you want to do leads, because it takes out about 7 or 8 frets on each string because you cant reach them. but if you wanna stick to rythm then it would be good since it would probaly give you a nice solid sound.
its a fender but I cant recognise the model. Apparently its discontinued but I have seen it in person and it has a solid spruce top with a mexican rosewood (cant remember the name) back and sides. but once again the neck joins the body at the 12th fret instead of the 14th

P.S. Well I am on an acoustic forum so obviously im talking about an acoustic
Do you play at all now? If so, how often do you play at the 12th fret? Play another acoustic at the 14th fret and see how it feels and try to imagine it's the 12tb fret.

No one can really tell u.
Blueridge BR-160A
For many years, the industry standard for steel-string acoustics was a 12-fret neck. Most of these instruments were used for rhythm playing in string-band settings and mostly using first-position chords.
It wasn't till guitar players started actually playing solos (previously reserved for fiddle and mandolin) that a longer neck was felt desirable.

So...Depend on what you intend to play.
it depends on what you play and how good you are at reaching up past the body. 12 fret guitars have a warmer sound, and can be more comfortable to play.
Most customers want that we do Professions Power Leveling, Honor killing Power Leveling and Reputation Power Leveling for them. Now we offer the special prices that get 10% off. Thanks our loyal customers choose our service and we will still offer more specialsRuneScape Gold for you.

We still focus on the speed of tradingRuneScape Gold . So we are collecting wow gold to our stock 24/7 non-stop. And we are so happy that there are many loyal customers choose our service for the . We will still do the fastest delivery to our lovely customers. Come on ,chick it to Buy WOW Gold.
Quote by Excursions707
So im thinking about getting a very nice guitar with solid wood and ebony neck for 400 dollars. The only problem is the fretboard meets the body at the 12th fret! Does anyone think that will limit my playing too much?

Stating the obvious perhaps, but does it have a Cutaway? Normally get them on electro acoustics as it is more likely you will play the upper frets, but you do get them on non-electro's.
Quote by Cal UK

...that's what Skeet always says anyway and he's a sex god.

Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list

I support Shay van Fani
I can supply WD Music, ABM and AllParts products to UK builders at DISCOUNTED prices!