So my max price is around $1,200. It has to have a humbucker in the bridge, a humbucker in the neck is good but not necessary. Also, a Floyd Rose bridge is preferred but not necessary. Here is what I was thinking between.

American Standard Straocaster HSS $1,150
Warmoth custom Guiatar $1,200
ESP LTD H-1001FR $800
G&L Invader Plus $1,100

With the fender, I would mod it and get a locking nut and possibly a floyd (i know its bad idea if I want to resell it).

What do you think???
If you think it makes sense to “…get a locking nut and possibly a floyd…” you really need to spend some time reading about locking nuts and Floyd Rose trems before you make any decisions.
I do want a floyd. i like their sound and feel more than other bridges by a long shot. and i would get the locking nut because at least then even w/out a floyd it would stay in better tuning.
Used Fender Richie Sambora.

EDIT: You'd be better off with locking tuners if you didn't go for a floyd guitar. I don't think you know what's involved in the conversion.
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Last edited by consecutive e at Sep 13, 2010,
…and i would get the locking nut because at least then even w/out a floyd it would stay in better tuning.

Again, you really need to learn how a Floyd Rose tremolo and a locking bridge work before you put any more thought into this. Because right now you’re clueless.
i have guitars w/ floyds so no, im not clueless on how they work and i know its an expensive conversion. But if you think about it, getting a locking nut would still help keep it in tune when i use the whammy.
I think a lot of the confusion is stemming from you not specifying if the locking nut would be in conjunction with a Floyd Rose bridge or not. It's possible to do it with a vintage Strat bridge and a locking nut, but uh... well, just because you can, doesn't mean you should. You'll have to be a pro at tuning in preperation for the pitch change post-lock, and the benefit's nowhere near as effective as getting locking tuners and a decent nut.

If you're willing to spend close to it, why not go with a custom guitar? Only the LTD is in a lower price range, and that's because it's a lower range guitar. The custom seems obvious to me, unless you're a.) really itching for a name on a headstock or b.) lazy.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Thats why i was thinking of getting everything from warmoth and making it myself, but then it would have a horrible resale value compared to something like the strat.
I have the same problem as you- I have to make sure something keeps resale value, valuing it over personalization.

That said, if you're ready to plop this much down, and preparing to go custom, resale value should be the last thing on your mind. At this point it should be an end-all be-all guitar that you'll keep for a long time, and the situation of selling it should only be considered when you need a mortgage payment, not just because you're bored of it.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?