Alright i didnt know where to put this so i put it in the pit, anyways im in a band and we have a good 5-10 songs and our drummers neighbor has a recording studio in his house and is willing to let us use it, but just to make sure, is there any way our band ccould like copyright our stuff, because i dont know the neighbor that well and i would hate for him to like steal our songs(not saying our stuff is that good) but you never know, any help is appreciated, Thanks
Post it on the internet.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Post it on the internet.

Thats a good idea but how does that represent ownership
Quote by Metallica_JHC21
Thats a good idea but how does that represent ownership

The Pit = Sarcastic bunch of shits
Posted from Ubuntu.

Squier Precision Bass Special in Antique Burst (LH)
Rotosound Swing 66s, 45-105

On slapping on a bass:
Quote by supersac
pretend its a woman
i have no helpful advice

Quote by Disturbed_EMG
Yeah, don't expect any seriousness from The Pit.

Once he's recorded you, just take the files from his computer or whatever he's recording you with so he can't use them.

Any way the band and the guy recording us could make a contract stating he couldnt use our stuff, is that legit or not?
I heard somewhere that if you put it in an email and send it to yourself but don't open it it counts as copyright.
to actually copywrite a song you have to write down the arrangement as sheet music and then have it looked at by a lawyer who will then sign it for you.
its a long, expensive process and I really doubt it'd be worth it in your case.
I'm going to go ahead and guess that the guy doesn't give two shits about your songs, and wont be interested in stealing them.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi
I'm going to go ahead and guess that the guy doesn't give two shits about your songs, and wont be interested in stealing them.

also, this. dont worry about it, he wont steal your songs.
Quote by Metallica_JHC21
Alright i didnt know where to put this so i put it in the pit, anyways im in a band and we have a good 5-10 songs and our drummers neighbor has a recording studio in his house and is willing to let us use it, but just to make sure, is there any way our band ccould like copyright our stuff, because i dont know the neighbor that well and i would hate for him to like steal our songs(not saying our stuff is that good) but you never know, any help is appreciated, Thanks

Write down the lyrics and do some rough recordings on audacity or something if you can, burn rough takes onto a CD. Mail the CD and lyrics to yourself with a copy of today's newspaper. When you receive the package, do not open it.

That's how you copyright something budget style.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by Meelad360
I heard somewhere that if you put it in an email and send it to yourself but don't open it it counts as copyright.

You're confusing 'mail' with 'email'. Why would it matter if you opened an email?
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Quote by CoreysMonster
to actually copywrite a song you have to write down the arrangement as sheet music and then have it looked at by a lawyer who will then sign it for you.
its a long, expensive process and I really doubt it'd be worth it in your case.

There are certain protections you are entitled to when writing songs that aren't necessarily copyright. Its not nearly as extensive as copyright protection, but it does prevent outright stealing I believe.