Hi all. Today I went to an audition for a band. I played some riffs and all was going great. They really like what i was doing. They did raise one issue though, "Vibrato". They told me I need to work on my vibrato skills. If any one knows and good exercises can you please tell me?

Cheers, Jimmy.
Remember to bend the string with to or three fingers because it gives better controle. Try playing some riffs and add vibrato on the last note of the riff. It's the only thing I can think of.
Alright people, Move along - there is nothing to see.
"Or so you think..."
yah these guys basically said it...use two or three fingers for more control, and just bend the string up and down until you get a good feel for it..

btw congrats on the band!!!
it`s more of moving the string up and down in a short movements for the length of the note than a bend
Make sure you "bend" the string equally every time you bend it during the vibrato
Make sure the motion comes from your wrist and arm and not (or just a little bit) from your fingers...
Quote by Stryker125
yah these guys basically said it...use two or three fingers for more control, and just bend the string up and down until you get a good feel for it..

btw congrats on the band!!!

Thanks.
I'm going to say what everyone said.
Practice using two to three finger, bend the string to a pitch, bring it back then pump it up to the SAME pitch. Also use the wrist. THE WRIST! No finger-vibrato etc, we're not playing a violin we're playing a guitar. Twist the wrist as if you're opening a door. Also practise some Zakk Wylde style playing that helped me a lot while I was practising vibrato.
everyone keeps telling me to use my wrist but i'm not sure how? Also, nightwindelf88 thanks for that video it was really cool and thanks everyone for helping.
Think of it as twisting a bottle. Except the neck of the guitar is a bottle and inside is a sweet juicy amber liquid that is vibrato. The only way to release vibrato is to twist your wrist like a bottle.