Nope, He's probably just out to grab your monies.

If you want to shred do it the old fashioned way;
Metronome+Practise
No ego-inflating quotes nor stupidly long signatures to be found here.

Move along.

Bands/Artists of the month; Marco Sfogli, Marco Sfogli and Marco Sfogli .

Quote by steve_muse
^lol'd at the sig, adj209
No.Its probably him teaching various techniques that shredders usually would use but getting them clean and fast is the tough part.it takes more than 6yrs sometimes!!
Quote by adj209

Metronome+Practise

This is good.

But Andy James is an incredible player, but I don't know how well he teaches.
the only way someone can shred in six weeks is if they already knew how to shred before they bought the video.
Gear:
Gibson '61 SG (57 Classics)
Ibanez RG4EXFM1 (TB-6)
Gibson '08 Explorer (500T)
Soldano Avenger 100
No Name 4X12 w/ Texas Heat+V12
I Want More Stuff
He's incredibly overrated IMO. Yes, he can shred. Damn well. But his music is average and I don't like his voice.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
I for one, disagree and find it completely plausible to shred cleanly in six or around six weeks, as long as your an intermediate guitar player and not a flat out beginner.

You would need a pretty intense practice schedule and you'd have to stick to it, but if you ask me its completely plausible.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
Quote by adj209

Metronome+Practise

This

is the only easy way to learn to shred.

Even after watching an instructional video, you are still going to be practicing those exercises in front of a metronome.

There only other way to build speed would be to mess around for years.
Quote by Vypor
I for one, disagree and find it completely plausible to shred cleanly in six or around six weeks, as long as your an intermediate guitar player and not a flat out beginner.

You would need a pretty intense practice schedule and you'd have to stick to it, but if you ask me its completely plausible.
Well, the problem here is there's no real set definition of "shredding".
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Quote by Dio10101
This is good.

But Andy James is an incredible player, but I don't know how well he teaches.

He is very good teacher, a top one. I highly recommend his lessons. I didn't try this particular set, but I bet his first words will be that it's not literally "six weeks" material.
Maybe. If it's sweeping.
"Could everyone please stop sounding like everyone else that's trying to sound like meshuggah?"

-Emil Werstler

Quote by damian_91
Kurt Cobain, the best guitarist to ever live.

I wouldent say its possible to learn to shred in 6 weeks. But i got the "learn to shred in 6 weeks" aswell as the "Metal rythm in 6 weeks". You might not shred in 6 weeks but you learn a great lot .

Every week have a look at 1 of the 5(?) positions of the pentatonic , blues and natural minor scale . Aswell as sequences in those positions . Then aswell 1 lesson in a tech . week 1 = vibrato , week 4 = Arpeggios , tapping and legato. week 5 = extended arpeggios . week 6 = octave licks .

Then each week they take a look at 3 licks of a special metal guitarist ( and the last 3 weeks 4 licks ) week 1 = Zakk whylde , 2 = Pual gillbert , 3 = Dimebag Darrel , 4 = steve vai , 5 = Yngwie malmsteen , 6 = John petrucci.

Maybe it dosent teach you to shred in 6 week . But you will learn loads from it and if you practise enough it will reward you with good tech . I havent had time yet to do it , still on week one since i lack time to practise and im not all that good at soloing . But i will do it .
Well I've tried it, it certainly didn't teach me to shred in 6 weeks and I'm an intermediate player (4 years). It taught me some useful runs using different scales and some cool licks, some I already knew but there were definitely some new ones. There are some good backing tracks to practice to as well. I'd say if you have the cash lying about and want to learn some more interesting runs, go for it, if you're looking to become a 'shredder' in 6 weeks....... *points to door*

Edit:
Forgot to mention, i didn't think much of his left hand fretting technique, he neglects his pinky a lot, which if you mention to him on his youtube videos he'll defend viciously
Last edited by i am iron man at Sep 13, 2010,

if you mention to him on his youtube videos he'll defend viciously

It would get kind of annoying. I mean, he's already talented enough as a guitarist, what ever he does obviously works well for him.
Oh yeah absolutely, I wasn't saying anything against it, it clearly hasn't held him back.
I do wish he'd at least demonstrate with the correct fingering or mention something about it, y'kno?
I tend to think all the instructional lessons that contain time limits to be a money scam.
Quote by yearzero
I tend to think all the instructional lessons that contain time limits to be a money scam.

Some would say scam where others would say effective marketing.

Most people who desire anything (wealth, power, fame, guitar mastery) - are strongly drawn to the easiest ways of getting there.

So you put a short time frame on it - or better yet - make it easy if you just knew the 5 "simple secrets" that nobody else knows.

People do pay attention -> Half the battle already won for the seller.
Quote by Snowman388
He's incredibly overrated IMO. Yes, he can shred. Damn well. But his music is average and I don't like his voice.

you know the voice in lick library and the like is put on, he sounds nothing like that in real life its really weird.
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Quote by i am iron man

Edit:
Forgot to mention, i didn't think much of his left hand fretting technique, he neglects his pinky a lot, which if you mention to him on his youtube videos he'll defend viciously

He's got very good reason to "neglect" it (which I am not going to mention here) and he is monster of player, still developing quickly, even at his level. He's got teacher talent as well, which is rare.
Quote by mdeeRocks
He's got very good reason to "neglect" it (which I am not going to mention here) and he is monster of player, still developing quickly, even at his level. He's got teacher talent as well, which is rare.

iv always wondered why he rarely uses his pinky in passages, did he break his hand as a child or something?
My Beginner setup:
Ibanez rg321mh
Roland Micro cube
Of course it works. Play for a few years, put in some hours of practice, and learn to shred like a god. Then, buy the lesson and OHMYGOD YOU CAN SHRED
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Quote by cringer
Some would say scam where others would say effective marketing.

Most people who desire anything (wealth, power, fame, guitar mastery) - are strongly drawn to the easiest ways of getting there.

So you put a short time frame on it - or better yet - make it easy if you just knew the 5 "simple secrets" that nobody else knows.

People do pay attention -> Half the battle already won for the seller.

You speak truth