Hey guys......Im looking to buy two pedals.I always needed a tuner so i settled on a Boss TU-3, quite expensive for a tuner i must add, but i dont care much if it gets my guitar tuned up. I always liked a good wah sound so is started looking for good wah pedals.But as i went through Musician's Friend, i came across the MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ. After going through a lot of reviews, Im confused.
Here are my questions:
1.What exactly should I expect from an EQ Pedal?Does it greatly affect my tone?
2.Can the MXR KFK-1 be used as a preamp pedal (like the Blackstar,I see Andy James from LickLibrary uses a preamp pedal in conjunction with a distortion pedal to get a nice sound)?
3.When im playing on stage, i always have to ask the guy at the mixer to adjust the volumes during my guitar solos.Can this EQ pedal be used as a booster for my solos?

My kit:
Jackson Warrior WRXT X with Duncan Designed Detonator Pickups
Line 6 UberMetal Distortion Pedal
Roland Cube 15x Practice amp and a Marshall Stack(MG100DFX ) for band practice
1. Its functions is really to affect your tone.
You can set it to almost any kind of tone that you need.

2. I think so.

3. Yes, a Eq pedal can work as a booster pedal, if you want.
Quote by Diego.
1. Its functions is really to affect your tone.
You can set it to almost any kind of tone that you need.

2. I think so.

3. Yes, a Eq pedal can work as a booster pedal, if you want.

Would i be better off with an MXR MC-402 as a booster and preamp?
Quote by devjeetroy
Would i be better off with an MXR MC-402 as a booster and preamp?

Well, the MXR MC-402 has the function to be a preamp, and booster.

The main action of a EQ is mold your sound..
Adding treeble, bass, midle or volume.
The pedal should work fine for what you're looking to do. Although I wouldn't get the Kerry King one unless you need the stereo outputs...I'd just get the regular 10-band. You can pick them up pretty cheap used.
Quote by Diego.
Well, the MXR MC-402 has the function to be a preamp, and booster.

The main action of a EQ is mold your sound..
Adding treeble, bass, midle or volume.

Ohh...ive been told to first get a better amp(which i will in a few months) like a Peavy Vyper, for a better tone. I thought the eq would help with that. On the other hand, i really need a booster for onstage vol boosts. I guess I'l go with MC-402. Thanks man!
Quote by devjeetroy
Ohh...ive been told to first get a better amp(which i will in a few months) like a Peavy Vyper, for a better tone. I thought the eq would help with that. On the other hand, i really need a booster for onstage vol boosts. I guess I'l go with MC-402. Thanks man!

No problem man ^^

if you just need this specifically.. go with 402, it'll do accurately what you want.