Hello All,

I have this tender pain at the base of my pinky. There is not any numbness or tingling. I don't think its carpal. I can play through it. Its more nagging than super painful, but I'm a little concerned. The pain is at the base of the finger where the pinky meets the hand. Has anyone experienced this?

thanks in advance.
-Tom
it is never a good idea to play through the pain- it will just aggravate it and make it worse. how long have you had the pain for?
Gibson SG Standard
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Bugera 333xl
Boss ge-7 EQ
sounds like you need to strengthen the muscles in that area as it`s probably tiredness, make sure you do a proper warmup, if the problem continues for anything over a week go see a doctor, you might of injured it.
If it's at the base, where it joins with the hand, it could (at worst) be a tendon problem. I'd suggest having it looked at because you do NOT want to tear a tendon or ligament. Not fun.

Otherwise, just give it a little rest, maybe for a week. See how it goes.

At one point, I was playing so much that my thumb would start burning after like 15 minutes, then it would get really painful. I let it sit for like a week and everything's fine now. That was almost a year ago.
Gear:
Agile Septor Pro 727 EB Nat Ash
ESP/LTD Deluxe MH-1000NT
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Line 6 Spider Valve HD100 Head
Vox 4x12 Cabinet
Quote by Cytagasm
it is never a good idea to play through the pain- it will just aggravate it and make it worse. how long have you had the pain for?

I guess about two weeks
I had that same pain for a while. When it starts to hurt just let it rest for a while. Given enough time the pain will go away as your finger and hand begins to get stronger.
Recommended threads
Single Coil
triviumrules12
Last post:
by triviumrules12
traben
noxios
Last post:
by noxios