Okay, so two questions for you wizards:

How does the Ibanez BC10 Bass Chorus compare to comparable pedals? I'm slowly building an effects rig and this pedal interests me... mostly because Death From Above 1979 is one of my favorite bands and the bassist plays through one at all times. I am currently in a bass/drums/vocals band myself, so I cite them as a huge influence... that being said, I would never simply copy their style. I just want an effects-laden strong bass section that competes with drums.

I currently have a ZVex Wooly Mammoth Fuzz, a Trace Elliot Dual Compression and a DigiTech Whammy (guitar model, not bass). Any other ideas for cool effects/quirks? I am looking into getting a subtle bass booster for the sole reason of making my Whammy pedal viable for more than just a harmonizer.

Thanks in advance!

MusicMan SUB4
OLP MM2

Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II / RBH410 x2
Trace Elliot SMX Dual Compressor
Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
ZVex Wooly Mammoth Fuzz
Chorus is one of those effects I would really recommend that you play a couple before you buy or at least get a few sound clips listened to. I did some shopping around before I bought mine and ended up with the Digitech Chorus not only because of the price but the sound was wonderful.

Also--Chorus works in a variety of genres and music so I would buy to an overall sound and functionality rather than to emulate one particular bands sound.
Quote by anarkee

Also--Chorus works in a variety of genres and music so I would buy to an overall sound and functionality rather than to emulate one particular bands sound.

Thanks for the quick response. I don't plan on emulating DFA's particular sound, I just want a similar set-up effects-wise for my playing through my band. I was specifically wondering how well a chorus effect (I admit my ignorance, I've actually never played through one on bass) stacks up with a fuzz or octave effects. But, of course your advice is helpful. I realize that most chorus pedals are very reasonably priced, and I have a Boss and DigiTech model bookmarked just in case... there is an awesome used music store nearby that has all sorts of pedals, so I may luck out as well.

Also, before someone comments I know I reply in paragraphs, sorry for being verbose.

MusicMan SUB4
OLP MM2

Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II / RBH410 x2
Trace Elliot SMX Dual Compressor
Boss CEB-3 Bass Chorus
ZVex Wooly Mammoth Fuzz
I ended up buying a chorus because i love DFA1979 as well.

I ended up with a vintage boss bass chorus, mainly because it did the job and was super cheap. Definitely shop around though, i always find that trying to buy effects is like walking into ice cream store, and trying to decide on a single flavour.

Why not try out an overdrive of some sort? Or possibly a synth pedal?

I also find that if you're running a huge number of effects, it's pretty handy to have an EQ pedal to stand on and give your low end a boost.
I use a good ol' small clone, nice and analouge, and goes really nice before the fuzz in your chain for a dfa-ish full bass sound, Im in a similiar band situation,and thats how I run it...maybe a cheap wah too,as low end isn't as important, whilst variety is,so a nice cheap guitar wah with a big sweep cud be useful, I also have a dd6 in my rig, for a bit of small looping and just add depth and colour here and there
= )
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"