I'm practicing scale modes and want to have a pedaling tone in a background, I'm pedaling of the low E string but as soon as I play a triplet or any riff on the high strings the pedaling tone stops sounding just mutes out without me touching the low E string
I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong or it is the effects I'm using

My tone is very good and I'm happy with it but could this muting the pedaling tone be because of my effects ?
my signal is as follows compressor >> big muff >> chours >> delay/amp
the delay I get from the amp not from a pedal
Are you sure the low E is not just decaying normally? Or are your effects supposed to give it infinite sustain? I'm confused. Can't you tape yourself in a loop and just practice over that?
Quote by cringer
Are you sure the low E is not just decaying normally? Or are your effects supposed to give it infinite sustain? I'm confused. Can't you tape yourself in a loop and just practice over that?

Actually i was thinking about a loop
but the answer to your question is no ...the low E is not decaying normally it sustains for a long time if I don't hit the high strings as soon as I touch the hi E for example the the low E is faded out very quickly
If you're just wanting a pedal note to practice over... use a loop then.
It's just something the amp does. Don't ask me why. But I can't really think of any time you'd want the pedal note and higher note to be ringing at the same time.... Just play your high note and keep pedalling and it should sound fine
I hate my sig