hey guys,
Are amp heads only to be used with speaker cabinets or can u also use them with normal speakers? (I.e. Boss l1)
If so, is there a way i can hook up my amp to a speaker? My amp has a headphone output.. Will this be suitable?
Last edited by syklone at Sep 13, 2010,
with a headphone jack, i guess you could try it. i wouldnt use it just as a speaker though. get a cabinet. IF it makes any sound at all, it will be all trebbly and wouldnt be good for its condition.
It depends on the amp. If its a tube amp you'll do serious damage to it if you power it up without a proper cabinet.

If its solid state it may work, but it will probably sound pretty bad.
Irrelevant quote from obscure person
Obnoxious statement regarding size of e-ween
Italicized text indicating bandwagoning masquerading as deep thought
ASCII graphic that will take over the world if you put one in your signature
Made up statistic
Quote by Death-Speak
It depends on the amp. If its a tube amp you'll do serious damage to it if you power it up without a proper cabinet.

If its solid state it may work, but it will probably sound pretty bad.

Tube and SS amps both have Output transformers which need a load ie cabinet. Some amps are designed to bypass the OT when headphones are plugged in but check with the manufacturer before trying
i have a solid state if this helps.. U say it wud sound trebly? Wudnt the eq fix that?
I dun think asking the manufacturer wud help here xD (samick) (dont laugh, the cleans sound pretty awesome along with a high gain distortion pedal... :S )