English teacher was telling a lovely story of how her son had his tonsils removed, then started coughing up blood, lost his stitches, etc. Then I woke up on the floor. This has happened several times, where I get a bad cut or blood work, and I end up passing out and feeling dizzy all day. The nurse told me this is fairly normal, so has anyone else had something similar happen to them?
la de da.
Hey, guess what's inside you!

..somebody pick him up.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Quote by asator
Hey, guess what's inside you!

..somebody pick him up.

~don't finkdinkle when ur supposed to be dimpdickin~
Yeah, I used to faint whenever I saw blood. My brother managed to put his arm through a window and ever since I saw that, I fainted at the sight of blood.

I kinda grew out of it i guess, cuz I don't do it anymore.

If you want some advice though, whenever you feel you're about to faint, keep taking deep breaths and just concentrate on the breathing.
I read once about this guy who'd see blood and start laughing uncontrollably. I bet that'd be awkward as hell.
I almost passed out when I was having blood drawn for testing, but that's because the nurse kept hitting my radius bone somehow.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
You came to the pit for answers on this? You poor, poor soul.
People have different phobias. For example, hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia is a fear of long words. You probably have hemophobia (fear of blood), which often causes vasovagal syncope (medical word for fainting).
Fender 72' Deluxe Tele
Schecter Damian Elite 7
Fender '62 Reissue Jazz Bass (MIJ)
Peavey XXX 212 (back on the East Coast)

Macbook Pro 15" Retina
Logic Pro X 10.0.7
Revalver 4
LePou Amp Sims
Ignite Amp Sims
LeCab2
RedWirez Impulses
This use to happen to me man, same exact situation. You just remember seeing or hearing about blood then you wake up tryin to figure out where you are.

The only way to overcome this is to "De-sensitize" yourself, that is - slowly get use to seeing or hearing about blood until your stomach can handle it.

Its somthing your gonna have to WANT to overcome, just like playing guitar - It's not just gonna happen on its own.
Treble>Epiphone Prophecy EX - MXR micro Amp - MXR Blue Box - MXR Fullbore - MXR Noise Clamp - Vox AD30VT
Bass>Ibanez BTB505 - MXR Blowtorch - MXR D.I. - Peavey MaxBass 700 - Peavey TVX410
My brother has this exact same thing. He passes out at random conversations involving blood, like once in two years.
My father had this when he was younger, but it was (fairly brutally) beaten out of him when he was in the military. He's still not good with blood, but he won't faint.

I imagine that counts as shock therapy. Might be something to look into.

S t a i r s s r i a t S

I had the same thing.

Now I just bath in the blood of a virgin weekly, it really is the best cure
Father of ilikepirates And icesk8erqueen8
every man on here who tries to touch them will get his dick chopped off.

E-married to Shyne <3

Officialy has OddOneOut as e-sexslave
Nah TS is just a wuss.
ALL HAIL HYPNOTOAD

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Dude, I think I would know, Trivium invented Thrash, Metallica are lucky they got as far as they did piggy-backing off of Trivium's signature style.
knock knock,
Quote by alaskan_ninja
I once shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

Quote by vacant_pistol
Dude, this is Ultimate-Guitar.com
Opinions means fact, man.

Quote by sickstring11
Is it wrong for me to drink my own urine? Yes, but I do anyway because it's sterile and I like the taste.
I'm sorry TS, but I feel the urge to post a very bloody pic as shock therapy.

*quickly leaves thread*
████████████
████████████
████████████

RNLAF

I Like Planes
man up stop being a pussy, but really, i love the sight of blood, my own or anybodys else, so i cant relate
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
I read once about this guy who'd see blood and start laughing uncontrollably. I bet that'd be awkward as hell.

Now whenever I see blood I'm gonna remember this and start laughing uncontrollably, thanks
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
Quote by archerygenious
Now whenever I see blood I'm gonna remember this and start laughing uncontrollably, thanks

Now whenever I see you posting I'm gonna cough up blood uncontrollably... wait what?
I don't get sick at blood, I get sick at why it's coming out

for example, a cut or a nosebleed I don't get sick, but I can't even look in the same direction as somebody if they have a big enough gash or a blister (like my uncle did on his thumb... Holy mother of god that was gross)
Blood doesn't bother me, cuts don't bother me, seeing other people with large cuts doesn't bother me.

But - one time I passed out from giving blood samples for my doctor. That only happened once, but now I get really dizzy when I have to give a blood sample. But I think its a combination of me having to fast for 12 hours beforehand and the amount of blood lost.
MATTERHORN
Quote by vagelier
Now whenever I see you posting I'm gonna cough up blood uncontrollably... wait what?

lol...

wait, what?
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
So... somebody going to post a picture of blood? nah just kidding

Yeah, people do faint from the sight of it. It's just one of those things.
This will start a RIOT! in me
Hey TS guess what ; Seven percent of a humans body weight is made up of blood and the kidneys filter over 400 gallons of blood each day...

( No worries fellas, he'll wake up in a few minutes )
Quote by bb155558
... file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Rob/My%20Documents/My%20Pictures/Summer%2010/amp%20test%20001.mpg
here is the link
open like another tab or something and copy and paste this into url.
I get nosebleeds all the time, so I'm completely desensitized to blood. In fact, I'm actually bleeding right now.
I'm rgrockr and I do not approve of this message.
Quote by Paramore.
So... somebody going to post a picture of blood? nah just kidding

Yeah, people do faint from the sight of it. It's just one of those things.

Actually, a picture of someone cut in half and covered in blood wouldn't make me sick. It's just kind of random what bothers me and what doesn't.
la de da.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax

Probably wouldn't do too well as a crime scene analyst...
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
The only thing that makes me feel weak pertaining to medical stuff is when I think about my heart...Listening to the heartbeat or just thinking of how it could just stop makes me feel 437iojafkldjafdklkja
The playground of the world