I was in a music shop in my local area today, and this shop is pretty small and full of pretty average guitars and amps, anyway in walks this really old guy. He must have been in his 70's, with him he's carrying a beaten up old brown case with Gibson written on the side.

Anyway this old dude pulls out the most gorgeous Red Cherry Burst Gibson Les Paul, by this point i'm practically rolling on the floor orgasming just at the sight of it.

So I start chatting to the guy and he said he bought it in America back in the 60's, so I keep chatting asking him questions about it, and he asks me if I want to play it, by this point i'm spilling man glue all over the floor. Needless to say it was the nicest guitar i've ever played, sounded fantastic and the neck was out of this world.

So the moral of the story is, get to know old people, get in their will and inherit badass guitars.. that is all
Csb
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
i bet it's a lot less nice now you've jizzed all over it
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sounds like he has a thing for younger dudes, who the **** would let some random guy try out your 60s Gibson Les Paul?
Hi! I'm Andrew, and when I have a bubble in my throat I sound like Alan Rickman!

I have the BEST Jizz Face on UG!

My YouTube Channel (slowmotion stuff!): www.youtube.com/wannabeguitarlegend
I played my guitar teachers 50's strat.

It wasnt that amazing....

old guitars have a mythos about them but they are not nessecarily that good.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Quote by Tom 1.0
I played my guitar teachers 50's strat.

It wasnt that amazing....

old guitars have a mythos about them but they are not nessecarily that good.

this. older does not nessecarily mean better.

however, if i had the choice between a 1950's jazz guitar, and a 2010 one, both at the same price, I can saftely say I would get the former. But unlike TS, I would play the guitar, not cum on it.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
this guy?

next time get the serial number off of the "old gibson".
also, they didn't make LPs as we know them in the early 60's. (they were what we know as SGs then until Les went on Ed Sullivan and blew it for gibson).
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.