it seems like that guitars only for cheesy metal riffs:S btw its my first guitar i have been playing bass for 3 years or so
Quote by Disobey666
it seems like that guitars only for cheesy metal riffs:S btw its my first guitar i have been playing bass for 3 years or so

You can play anything on any guitar, also a lot of your tone comes from the amp.
And there's no guitar which is only suitable for ONE thing like cheesy metal riffs.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
should be ok.

but you got screwed TS.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
lol i didnt get that screwed then
Last edited by Disobey666 at Sep 13, 2010,
all i'm really concerned about, is for a first guitar can i learn to be really good at guitar with it?
I've seen these go $350 new.
Jackson DK-2 [2004 MIJ] (EMG 81/SA)
Jackson RR-3 [2007 MIJ] (EMG 81/60)
Ibanez RG370DX [2009] (EMG 81/60)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom [2004] (EMG 81/85)
Ltd/Esp M-17 7-String [2013] (EMG 81-7 set)
Bugera 333XL 120watt Tube Head, Crate BV412 Cab
Quote by Chaz-6(sic)6
I've seen these go $350 new.

yep me to.

OP, also remember that a guitar isnt made for just a single style of music, hell Albert King used a flying V for blues.
When you get it just muck around with the tone, if you find you dont like it sell it.
there`s nothing wrong with that ibby, you are making assumption based on the LoZ active pickups and the reputation you have formed in your own head that it`s solely for metal based on looks and what genres other artist with ibbys play.....not all ibby players play metal, if the pickups are causing you concern you can always retro fit passives at a later date.
It'll be fine, like previously stated, you can buy new pickups if needed but a lot of versatile players use Ibanez guitars.
Gibson Les Paul Studio Deluxe/Ibanez RGA42/LTD EC401vf
Into:
Whammy IV>Pitchblack>Dunlop 536Q>Fulltone Fulldrive 2>Hardwire TL-2>MXR 10 Band>Line 6 M13
Into:
80s Carvin x100b w/ cab
that guitar could be used for almost any style, like the people said before me, your amp has alot to do with your tone, if you want a more single coil sound you could just put some dimarzios in it with a coil tap
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Anyway I have technically statutory raped #nice

Quote by EndThecRinge51
once a girl and i promised to never leave each other

since that promise was broken

i dont make promises any more
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Hendrix no, Dream Theater yes.

Don't judge gear by YouTube clips.

If it has a 5 way switch, it can pull it off.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Fair play, I usually assume 2 pup guitars are 3 way.

It does have a 3 way, but that can be changed easily to a 5 way if you know what you're doing. My 2 pickup Carvin has a 5 way.
Gear:
1987 Charvel Model II
2010 Carvin ST300C
1990 Charvette 100
1991 Ibanez RG560M
2006 Fender Mexi Strat
Jackson/Charvel Star W/ Custom Graphics.
Ovation CP 247 Acoustic
Line 6 POD HD Pro X
Pro Tools 9

Tutorial: Studio Quality Programmed Drum Sounds
TS, you need to rid yourself of the misconception that your guitar defines your tone.

Very much to the contrary. Your guitar fine tunes your tone definitely, but the very foundation of it, the bulk of it, at the very least 80% of it, is coming from your amp. Different guitars will give your tone different characteristics, but no guitar will ever determine whether your amp will pump out metal or country or blues or etc.

It's a very common belief held by the uninformed that guitars have a massive impact on your tone and dictate what you can and cannot play, but this is simply as far as you can get from the truth.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Now wait, thats not nessesarily true. John 5 has one rig and one amp, basic setting. He changes guitars for different songs. Every guitar sounds different. But at the same time, if u give eric clapton a bc rich, hes still gonna b eric clapton playin the blues.
Quote by Disobey666
why cant i judge it by youtube clips

Sound quality on most youtube clips will be crap. A lot of people showing off their guitars are youtube are crap. Unless you know exactly what rig they run the guitar through and exactly how they recorded it and the quality they uploaded it then you won't have an accurate impression of the guitar.

Personally if that's gonna be your first guitar I'd feel lucky. I started with a Squier strat, something I think a lot of people can relate to.
Quote by Wondergaurd
The Strat/Tele debate is alot like picking a starter in Pokemon, each is great at something and can cover other fields well, it's just what they do good and great that makes 'em different
i never practice through an amp though and cant cause i have a line 6 bass amp
you can run a guitar into a bass amp but not a bass into a guitar amp, it won`t sound amazing but its feasible.
Last edited by ibanezgod1973 at Sep 13, 2010,