Hi, I've got a Boss BR900CD for recording on, which is pretty good imo, but my mic is a Shure PG46, so it isn't the greatest. It was good when I first started recording, but now I'm getting better at it, when I was just recording straight in with no panning, and no different mic positions for different sounds, it was fine, but now I'm getting better at recording and mixing, I need something better. What would be a good mic for recording guitar? I want it to be under £100 prefferably cos I'm 16 and don't have a job yet.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Not sure how much Shure SM57's are in the UK but if you can afford one, get one. They work for nearly everything.
Gear:
Ibanez RG570 circa 1993
Ibanez S2020XAV
Carvin DC127
EVH 5153 50w
Orange PPC112
AxeFX II
+1 to the SM57. Just buy from a dealer or music store if you can...there are a lot of fakes.
SM-57 is pretty much the industry standard for dynamic microphone guitar recordings. Go with that.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Another +1 to the SM57. You shouldn't have a problem getting good recorded tones with an SM57.
+1 to Shure SM57 but still if thats too much then the Shure C606 is amazing for a £20 microphone
Guitars
Fender Stratocaster HSS
Vintage V99CS
Eastwood Acoustic

Amps and Pedals
Blackstar HT-5R Stack
Digitech Bad Monkey
Korg PitchBlack

Get a used SM57 from a REPUTABLE dealer. Manymanymany fakes out there.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
SM58 will be better if your only recording vocals, SM57 will be better for anything else. Thomann has some good budget mics too, their T-bone line is supposed to be pretty good for the money. They're clones of the better mics (Shure, AKG etc.) but their SM57 clone for example costs only €30 or so.