Behringer 412H

how good is this Cabinet?
Thinking in buying it to play with Valveking 100H.

Opinions needed!
There's nothing special about it. Most people are going to bad mouth it just because it's a Behringer. What's your budget? It's not that bad of a cab, but you can surely do better.
my budget is 100 euros, so I found a guy selling Behringer's 412H used, for that price!
I just wanted to know if i'm being robbed or it's a bad deal
I'm not sure what other deals you can get, but I'd pass on the Behringer. That's very close to the price they sold for new. Have you tried it?
my first cab was a behringer, and i just got rid of it in the last three months (at one point i had like 6 cabs). it was an old slant model that had jensen speakers, and it was actually sounded pretty good.

it is what it is, an entry level cabinet, but its better than the ones at the time (marshall MG cab, peavey cab, line 6 and a few others in its price range). it was well built and sounded decent.

however, yours has different speakers that may not be quite as good, but i would at least give it a listen.

as long as you aren't expecting an Orange PPC, Marshall 1960A, Mesa, etc. it shouldn't let you down at that price.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by pedrodaguitarra
my budget is 100 euros, so I found a guy selling Behringer's 412H used, for that price!

i have no idea on whats a fair price (especially in europe),but i paid like $225 for mine new around 2002.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
I forgot the price went up on them. I'm pretty sure I bought the slant 4x12 with Jensons way back for $149 new.
is the first cabinet im gonna to buy, as it's also my first valve amp!
My band is going to start play (regularly) live next friday, so I need a Cab soon!

The deal is almost closed, and only if you guys told me it's the worst thing to buy i would give up! I'm not looking for the best buy in the market, because it takes time (that I don't got right now) I just wanted to know if it "fits", and isn't a bad buy for first cab (even used)!
Quote by Guitarmiester
I forgot the price went up on them. I'm pretty sure I bought the slant 4x12 with Jensons way back for $149 new.

i had the more oversized one with jensens, i know for sure that the jensen ones never were $150, unless you got it b-stock or something. IIRC, the non jensen ones may have been $150 though.

not that it is a big deal... but i will have to check the receipt just because i am curious now... i have them all filed, so it should be a matter of minutes.

---------------------

EDIT

i just checked i paid $200 for the behringer cab, and got it shipped free, with my first peavey head (but i think i actually got it discounted, so the actual price may have been higher).

i remember i got it right when they came out, because i was going to buy the other behringer cabinet, then like the day i was going to place the order, they had it asa new item, because i thought the jensen speakers would have been better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Sep 13, 2010,
How will a Behringer 4x12 sound with a ValveKing? Craptastic.

Look for a beat up used 1x12 or 2x12 enclosure with a Celestion or Eminence speaker or buy just an enclosure and stick one of those speakers in it and you'll sound waaaaay better than that Behringer cab.
It was the same cab you're talking about. It wasn't B-stock and was the oversized with Jensens. I remember there was a Jensen logo/decal tied to one of the handles.

Pedro, if you're that in need of a cab so soon, then go for it. I'd recommend saving a bit more to get something worth holding onto down the road, but you seem to need something now. Like we said before, it's not that bad of an entry cab.
Quote by trashedlostfdup

EDIT

i just checked i paid $200 for the behringer cab, and got it shipped free, with my first peavey head (but i think i actually got it discounted, so the actual price may have been higher).

i remember i got it right when they came out, because i was going to buy the other behringer cabinet, then like the day i was going to place the order, they had it asa new item, because i thought the jensen speakers would have been better.

the price may be a tad high, but it will get the job done.

if you dont need that big of a cab, a 2x12 with celestions or eminence probably would be better, but the behringer isn't that bad, and for a while (when i was poorer) i even gigged with it.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by trashedlostfdup
EDIT

They were originally $199 and then jumped up to $229, or something close to that. I got mine at the same time you did, just as they upgraded to Jensen speakers. I'm pretty sure I got mine so cheap because I called my order in and the rep. made me a deal since I was buying several things.

What Peavey did you have? Sounds like we may have had the exact same cheap-o rig. At the time, I was using a Peavey Supreme 100.
Quote by Guitarmiester
They were originally $199 and then jumped up to $229, or something close to that. I got mine at the same time you did, just as they upgraded to Jensen speakers. I'm pretty sure I got mine so cheap because I called my order in and the rep. made me a deal since I was buying several things.

What Peavey did you have? Sounds like we may have had the exact same cheap-o rig. At the time, I was using a Peavey Supreme 100.

i never actually knew the name of it, but it had the transtube simulation, and still to this date it is the best solid state amp i have ever heard. funny thing is i sold that head with that cabinet for $500 a few months ago when somebody made an offer on craigs list.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by pedrodaguitarra

That's a hell of a tight budget for a 1x12, let alone a 4x12!
That said, I've just bought a brand new 4x12 for £99 (for that price why the hell not?), so it certainly is do-able. Should be arriving tomorrow, so I'll let you know if it's worth the money!

Although people tell you to steer clear of Behringer, their cabs aren't all that bad. However I'd rather buy this instead: http://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_g212.htm

It's only €130 but the build quality is top notch (16mm birch ply). The stock speakers will do just fine for the time being, but the actual cabinet itself is good enough to justify upgrading the speakers in the future.
Whereas i don't know if i'd be willing to shell out £200 on speakers and put them in a behringer cab...
Last edited by kyle62 at Sep 13, 2010,