Run it in a loop pedal with a blend and it will be ok. It tracks fairly well down to A.
Yamaha TRB1006
Fender MIA jazz bass
Hora Hybrid double bass
Hartke lh 500
Ev 606L
Epiphone les paul
DigiTech did make a bass version of the Whammy, but it is long since discontinued and is a very sought-after effect pedal. You aren't likely to find one cheap. The current Whammy pedal should work OK, but not as well for bass as the original.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
Quote by FatalGear41
DigiTech did make a bass version of the Whammy, but it is long since discontinued and is a very sought-after effect pedal. You aren't likely to find one cheap. The current Whammy pedal should work OK, but not as well for bass as the original.

i know they discontinued it i found one on ebay but was wayyyyy over priced why did they discontinue it?
Quote by shurikinx
I am looking to get a bass whammy pedal and i am real interested in doing tool covers such as Right in two and The pot. will this whammy work for a bass and if so dose it cover what i need? http://www.digitech.com/products/Pedals/Whammy.php#

You can always rout out a real trem onto your bass a la les clay pool

Probably way more than you wanan spend but they are pretty awesome

+1

For the digitech whammy pedal if you can find one for the right price.
1st Schecter 8er? in UG's 7 String Legion
Conklin GT-7
Hartke Hydrive 210C
Digitech Screamin' Blues
Bugera 1990 Head
Dunlop wah
Saxon snakeskin 1x12 cab
I Nouni
Yeah, it is done on bass.

Here's the thing about the new Digitech Whammy, it doesn't have the same effects as the bass whammy. I can't remember which exactly, but it'll do.
In the bass chat:

<Jon> take the quote of me out your sig plx
<Jon> i hate seeing what i said around lol

Leader of the Bass Militia PM to join!

And now on BANDCAMP!

Officially the funniest member of the Bass Forum.
I use a EHX Big Bass Muff combined with a Dunlop CryBaby Bass Wah to imitate the bass solo on "The Pot", so you might concider using those instead.
Quote by J0ttem
I use a EHX Big Bass Muff combined with a Dunlop CryBaby Bass Wah to imitate the bass solo on "The Pot", so you might concider using those instead.

That should work on something like the schism solo pretty well. Maybe if you're adamant on the whammy effect try searching craigslist and eBay for used bass whammies or see if they have whammies in bass multi effect pedals.

And to the guy that suggested the whammy bar a la les claypool I want one and I love les but the effect in tool is much different than what an actual whammy bar would do. Especially on a standard bass the rattle would be crazy I suspect if les's piccolo basses rattle.

Guitarist for 11+ years
Bassist for 6+ years
Drummer for 5+ months

PSN account - DeadAimHeadshot
Hey guys thanks for the replies i have a pretty tight budget some of the more in-depth solutions probably wont be right for me. i am not looking for an exact copy of the tool effects i just want something to get me in the ballpark. Does anyone know if the guitar whammy that i linked above could do that for me? Thanks again
Last edited by shurikinx at Sep 14, 2010,
Quote by shurikinx
i know they discontinued it i found one on ebay but was wayyyyy over priced why did they discontinue it?

I imagine they discontinued it because it didn't sell well enough. Go to your local music shop and try a bass through the guitar Whammy and see if it gives you the sounds you want. It probably will.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley