hey guys,

ive been thinking of getting a fuzz pedal for christmas. After reading my latest guitar world magazine, i found that joe bonamassa (+1) uses a modded fuzz face. i cant find that magazine now...seems my wife was tired of looking at it. anyhow, do you recommend the germanium or the silicone version? I play both a LP and a strat, and ill be pairing it up with a catalinbread DLS and a crybaby wah. i want to be able to get gilmour, hendrix, and bonamassa tones out of it.

Thanks alot!

edit: Also, would i be better suited to a dunlop JH-OC1? could i get the same fuzz tones, PLUS the octave features?
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby
Last edited by chagmaier at Sep 13, 2010,
Quote by chagmaier
hey guys,

ive been thinking of getting a fuzz pedal for christmas. After reading my latest guitar world magazine, i found that joe bonamassa (+1) uses a modded fuzz face. i cant find that magazine now...seems my wife was tired of looking at it. anyhow, do you recommend the germanium or the silicone version? I play both a LP and a strat, and ill be pairing it up with a catalinbread DLS and a crybaby wah. i want to be able to get gilmour, hendrix, and bonamassa tones out of it.

Thanks alot!

I'm pretty sure that Joe uses a Silicon FF, but I'm not sure on that. I'm personally a fan of silicon transistors. I like how they feel more and I like how they react to my touch more personally. but for some the GE is way better. for what you're looking for a I think silicon might be the way to go though
Quote by gregs1020
Brett has been saving for a splawn for 4 years
countries have been toppled in the time it's taking, revolutions won got a black pres

yawn

Quote by bubb_tubbs
When he finally gets one it'll probably be televised like the Berlin Wall coming down.
The end of an era
Quote by WtrPlyr
I like GE better, but there's nothing wrong wit Silicon. The octavia is a completely different fuzz.

Yea i like germanium WAY better. More natural in my opinion
CAPITALISM
Quote by diofan88
Naked with a bowl of cereal with headphones.
ok on the octavious. i think ill stick with the FF.

GE seems to be the way to go. I read somewhere that humbuckers sound really muddy through a Ge FF. Anyhow, does anyone know if the Si and Ge are both PNP?
My Rig

Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus Top Honey Burst
Fender MIM Stratocaster Ash Natural
Crate v18 2x12
Eleven Rack
Catalinbread Dirty Little Secret
BBE Sonic Stomp
BMP with Tone Wicker
Dunlop Cry Baby