I'm looking at adding a reverb pedal and as there aren't any at my local store to try, I thought I'd ask for everyone's opinion... I'm leaning towards a Holy Grail. Thoughts? Thanks. Oh and I'd like to keep it under $200.
not a big fan of the grail, though it gets a fair amount of love.

i'd say find a used malekko spring chicken or tech 21 rvb boost. i use the latter, got it for around $120? great pedal.
what kind of reverb are you looking for?

Spring reverb sounds?
crazy atmospheric stuff?
If you just want one solid reverb sound I'd get the Malekko Chicklet. hah. If you are looking for more options and possibly stereo outs and ins I'd go with the Boss RV-5, I love that thing!
EHX Cathedral for atmospheric, shoegazey stuff.

Malekko Chicklet for short reverb. Not to say you can't do both of those with either of those pedals, though.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
I've got a spring chicklet.....its a 1 trick pony but the trick is perfect.
Read a little about the Marshall on harmony central. Very disappointing. And that's a shame cause I love my Guv'nor. Really liked the sound of the spring chicken (which sucks because I couldn't really find any for sale)- haven't checked out the chicklet yet but think that's where I'm looking.
I used to have the Holy Grail and I loved it. It was one of those pedals that was pretty much always on when I played. However my current amp has decent reverb so I got rid of it which I'm now kind of regretting. Never used the Spring Chicklet but it gets a lot of love so I'm sure it's a pretty solid pedal. If you want true spring reverb look into the Danelectro Spring King.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
i am not a fan of the holy grail. it think it sounds way too digitally (although technically all reverbs without tanks are digital).

i like the Hermida Audio Reverb. $100 brand new, IIRC. sounds great and is nice and simple.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Line 6 Verbzilla
Gibson Les Paul Standard 2004
Fender Telecaster Custom 72RI 2009
PEDALZ
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60DSP
Fender Blues Junior
Ashton MPA100
Quote by mmjohn
I've got a spring chicklet.....its a 1 trick pony but the trick is perfect.

That's a bit different from a Spring Chicken. I have a Spring Chicken limited edition with the dwell knob that I got new for about $180. It basically only does one sound but the depth can be varied immensely and the dwell knob is on the fun side of ridiculous. They're discontinued now and I've seen them go for well over $300, though.
Quote by Redstar5wp
Line 6 Verbzilla

I refuse to buy anything from Line 6 just on principle. There were a couple of spring chickens on fleabay but they were all right around (or over) $300. I liked the reviews ( and clips) of the spring chicklet. Anyone tried the Tech 21? My guy at sweetwater was recommending it...
the holy grail isn't the greatest pedal, it is really noisy and not very convincing. the holy grail + is worlds better. i have the trex tonebug reverb which sounds amazing but has the most annoying hiss in history. i have heard that trex fixed the problem but don't take my word for it.
I use a holy grail nano. It's simple and it sounds good. I play a mostly high gain stuff so I use just a little touch of it to give my rig a little more depth. There's a lot of better reverbs out there but the holy grail is pretty much the standard.
Quote by MortifiedLizard
recently I turned it into an Esquire that impregnates unsuspecting people with my children whenever I play it.

Quote by Duv
The only good thing about my MG30 was I was able to have it in my room for 5 years solely as a place to hide cigarettes and condoms.