So, I bought this used guitar at Music Go Round with the intention of swapping out the pickups, but I plugged it in and really dug the tone of the one it had in it! This is all I know about it:

It's solid black, all the way around, even underneath (Like an EMG, but without the name on the cover).
It's Active
The sticker on the bottom was ripped off, but I did manage to get part of a bar code that had BK-ACT on it, and inside a little black bar on the barcode I managed to salvage was RoHs.
Also, it's plugged into a Danelectro 9v battery. I don't know if that means anything, but it could.

The guy at the store told me it was a Seymour Blackout, but I think he's full of crap; it seems to me I could find "Seymour" or "Duncan" or even "Blackout" somewhere on the pickup, but there's nothing.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any ideas as to what this pickup is? I'd appreciate any advice!
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
Quote by salgala2000
They're active.

He already said that.

How about some Pics TS?
Quote by rmr024
Well, in California, people carry around devices that control the minds of bears. So expect to see people walking their bears.

Also, don't be surprised if some robot hookers try to solicit sex to you on the streets.
I've got some pics, and it does seem very possible that they're the Dragonfires. If so, they're not a bad pickup. I still may or may not replace it, but it really does need a neck pickup.

The left and right pots have stickers that say v and t respectively (for volume and tone obviously). He also added a switch on the far right... I don't know what he planned to do with that. Any cool ideas? Lol

They're on the other thread I posted about this here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1361417
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
Last edited by JAustinMunn at Sep 13, 2010,