So, I bought this used guitar at Music Go Round with the intention of swapping out the pickups, but I plugged it in and really dug the tone of the one it had in it! This is all I know about it:

It's solid black, all the way around, even underneath (Like an EMG, but without the name on the cover).
It's Active
The sticker on the bottom was ripped off, but I did manage to get part of a bar code that had BK-ACT on it, and inside a little black bar on the barcode I managed to salvage was RoHs.
Also, it's plugged into a Danelectro 9v battery. I don't know if that means anything, but it could.

The guy at the store told me it was a Seymour Blackout, but I think he's full of crap; it seems to me I could find "Seymour" or "Duncan" or even "Blackout" somewhere on the pickup, but there's nothing.

I know it's a long shot, but does anyone have any ideas as to what this pickup is? I'd appreciate any advice!
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
If it were a Blackout, it would have "Seymour Duncan" written on it.

BK-ACT probably means "black-active".

And RoHs means that it's compliant with some electronics regulations.

Without any other clues it's difficult to say anything more.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Got any pics? Could be a Dragonfire, I doubt if it's an Ibby active because they run on 2 AAs.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
All RoHs means is Restriction of Hazardous Substances. The BK-ACT comes up under Tyco switches. I don't know if that means anything but like Shinozoku said, it's probably a Dragonfire p-up. Their p-ups are plain.
I got some pics. I don't know how much they'll help. It seems very possible that they are the Dragonfire brand... Not too bad if that's the truth!

As you can see, it's pretty bland all around. The left and right knob have stickers that say "V" and "T" respectively (for volume and tone obviously). And then he added a switch on the far right it looks like... Don't know what he planned to do with it...
Attachments:
Pickup 1.jpg
Pickup 2.jpg
Pickup 3.jpg
Pickup 4.jpg
Pickup 5.jpg
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
Last edited by JAustinMunn at Sep 13, 2010,