This should sound like a stupid question, but what should I plug into the effects input of my Valveking Head?

More especific, I have a Boss ME-50, and I want to connect it with my head!
Should I plug my guitar into de input channel of ME-50, and connect the ME-50 with the head, through the ordinary input channel of each one?

In that case, what does the Effects Loop entrance ?

Thank You