We finished recording our demo this passed saturday. It was done inside a garage using audacity and some other pretty cheap gizmos.

Were a black metal band with a deathy/grindcore feel..

If anybody is interested copy and paste this link:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Casket/147089258658936
pretty damn kvlt. I can tell there's some quality crazy-ass blackened death metal back there, but your recording quality sucks monster ****, thus rendering it fairly unlistenable, unfortunately. But I like it anyway.

EDIT: your logo kicked me in the face with its old-school awesomeness.
Hey thanks alot dude! I'm the singer(if thats what you want to call it) of the band. Were going to have protools soon so the second demo were going to do should sound alot better(in theory). I'm trying to get our music everywhere so if youre interested and not paranoid, you can send me your home address in a message and I can mail a physical copy to you. I'm not a terrorist and I wont ship anthrax in mail. Itd come in a sleeve complete with zombie cover.
This band's guitarist is a GENIUS.
Last edited by AzraelKrone at Sep 14, 2010,
I made Casket a page here.
"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue? Oh that's right, we do...right here in this jar!"
Casket was asked to contribute a song to an underground black metal compilation called "Satanic Rites." This record company(whose name escapes me) which is out of Arizona(usa) asked to use our song "Weve Come to Fu*k Your Virgins." Were pretty stoked about this and I thought I'd just post this to show that small up and coming bands can actually catch a break!
yeah the quality isnt too great because it was recorded in a garage. We actually found out about a studio that only charges about 15 dollars an hour so were going to check that out. Thanks for your opinion hawk and thanks for yours as well merriman! Zombie is my fav song. Its based on the 1976 Italian film "ZoMbie" I actually posted the lyrics up on the song writing thread.
The quality has already been discussed, and I agree with everyone.

But I love everything else, I'm not a huge black metal fan, but damn son, this is some good stuff.
Thanks Charvel! That actually means alot, especial if the person saying it isnt a big black metal fan. Soon well be posting up two new songs called, "Beware the Moon" and "Drawn and Quartered," hopefully youll like them as well..also, a cover of Celtic Frost's Procreation of the Wicked.
Don't get me wrong Bathory is amazing, but I wasnt fortunate enough to see them live. Hearing Procreation of the Wicked live really stuck out to me and my bandmates so we decided to cover it. I have a pretty dark sense of humor Avafreak and everyone likes to laugh, so why make encourage that laughter? I wrote Virgins when I was at work one day. Its actually a crowd favorite too because the chorus is so comical.
Have you done a cover of Black Metal by Venom, or Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery by Skeleton Witch
Quote by PallorMortis
Don't get me wrong Bathory is amazing, but I wasnt fortunate enough to see them live. Hearing Procreation of the Wicked live really stuck out to me and my bandmates so we decided to cover it. I have a pretty dark sense of humor Avafreak and everyone likes to laugh, so why make encourage that laughter? I wrote Virgins when I was at work one day. Its actually a crowd favorite too because the chorus is so comical.

Bathory only did a few live shows,I believe that after '88 they retired as a live band.
In any case keep me informed.
Quote by Charvel1995
Have you done a cover of Black Metal by Venom, or Soul Thrashing Black Sorcery by Skeleton Witch

We dont want to have all sorts of covers. A Venom cover would be cool though.
Hey Casket is playing a show at the Whiskey A Go Go in Hollywood with Arsis in Powerglove! If you live in Southern California GO TO THE SHOWWWWWWWWWWWW tix are 21.25
Since I last posted here my band has gone through a few line up changes all the while keeping the two core members. We recorded a single very early this year and were currently working on recording our debut album. All the material has been complete for quite some time so we've also been working on our follow up EP which will contain five songs. Also, Casket has a new logo which was drawn by Farron Loathing of the L.A. based black metal band Lightning Swords of Death.

Here is the single we recorded entitled "Drawn and Quartered"

Also, just incase anyone wants to see our new logo that Farron Loathing drew here is a link:
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=264086336959227&set=a.147094288658433.21338.147089258658936&type=1&theater
Quote by PallorMortis
Hey Casket is playing a show at the Whiskey A Go Go in Hollywood with Arsis in Powerglove! If you live in Southern California GO TO THE SHOWWWWWWWWWWWW tix are 21.25

One time I went to a Powerglove show, because I knew a guy whose band was supporting them. It was a great show. I left before Powerglove came on because I didn't know who they were. Silly me.

Anyway, I'm listening to drawn and quartered right now, and its ridiculously sick. Vocals, guitars, drums, everything. The drums have a kind of weird quality to them, they kind of click, I don't really know. Doesn't sound bad enough to detract from the quality. And I can hear the bass, which is fantastic, though it may reduce its trveness in the classical sense
Thanks for the comments guys, I appreciate it!
@Frau We feel that bass is essential to any music genre! kvlt trve is for the close minded black metal elitists that require no bass and 100% treble. I listen to all of it, i dont care. hahaha
@boav Thanks for the like and ill be sure to check you guys out!
On a side now, Casket is playing at Harbor Haunt this year in long beach, California. Two of the headliners are Carnifex and Suffokate. IF ANYONE IN SOUTHERN CALI WANTS TO GO TO THIS MY BAND IS SELLING TIX FOR 16 BUCKS. Contact me here on this thread or at www.facebook.com/casketblackmetal