Page 1 of 2
As in Michael Angelo. It just so happens that he's going to be making a guest appearance at my local music store on Sunday, 19th. I'll be there of course. Should be a good time.
I'm not a huge fan of Dean guitars, but the guy's a freak of nature in the guitaring world.

If anyone's interested in checking out the store's web page, here's the link. There's an obligatory YT vid of him jamming on the home page.

http://www.bigredguitar.com/

Thats pretty cool, I would love it if any shredder came to my local shop.

I learned quite a lot from MAB's instructional videos.

^And to the guy who called him a prick, he is the complete opposite of a prick. In his interviews in videos, he seems really chill. He would be a great teacher.
Quote by TomusAM
Ask him which hand he jerks off with.

I second this.
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
I've gone to one of his clinics. He's believe it or not, a really cool dude. But sometimes instead of talking on stage, he growls or some shit like that. And he can play his double neck guitar upside down above his head better than any of us can play regularly.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
FREE ROAST BEEF SANDWICHES!?!?!

WAT

Also, see if you can get a packet from him like the guy who met Paul Gilbert did >_>
Quote by itchy guitar
I've gone to one of his clinics. He's believe it or not, a really cool dude. But sometimes instead of talking on stage, he growls or some shit like that. And he can play his double neck guitar upside down above his head better than any of us can play regularly.

yeah the man is an absolute beast on guitar, its not even funny. he seems right cool in interviews too.

im jealous TS! wish shredders came to saint john...
has a terrible signature.
Quote by TMF128
Thats pretty cool, I would love it if any shredder came to my local shop.

I learned quite a lot from MAB's instructional videos.

^And to the guy who called him a prick, he is the complete opposite of a prick. In his interviews in videos, he seems really chill. He would be a great teacher.

he taught Tom Morello
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
I saw him a few years ago doing a clinic. He made the same terrible jokes before every song and did every trick he knew during every song, even after explaining that the famed "over-under playing" was nothing more than hand movements. His haircut failed and he also came across as nothing more than a douche.
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
he taught Tom Morello

I am aware of that, I meant to say that he should give lessons more often nowadays.
Dammit i want a roast beef sandwich now.
Quote by Eddie616
this guy is of epic legend.

it's true.
ITT: People jealous of his ability to play fast.

Sounds cool TS, get a few pointers while you're there.

My things:
Bowes SLx7
Washburn WG587
Washburn X40Pro
Washburn X50
Washburn HM24
Washburn WR150
Laguna LE200s
Arietta Acoustic
First Act
Valveking 112
VHT Deliverance

Quote by TMF128
I am aware of that, I meant to say that he should give lessons more often nowadays.

I UNDERSTAND COMPLETELY *insert teh pear*
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
he taught Tom Morello
He taught Tom Morello? Why isn't Tom Morello all "Hey, I hazz 5 hands and I can play withz my tongue"?

On a serious note, TS, ask him what it was like teaching rather successful musicians like Tom Morello?
As I was skimming through the list of threads in the pit I past by this one real quick and I thought it was titled Baio as in Scott Baio....I am dissapoint.

P.S. If anybody has those Paul Gilbert packet could somebody PM or email me those please?
May the Schwartz be with us! 2012

MAL

Q: OK, so do you care about the labels — nastiest, edgiest team in the NFL?

Jim Schwartz: It's better than the alternative — meekest, least aggressive, softest team in the NFL.

That's a horrible looking website...

Edit: The designer had the guts to put his email at the bottom of that atrocity
I don't enjoy his music. It's a matter of taste, I'm not going to get into that since you do. More power to you for it.

However I have to admit I'm curious as to a few things;

1. I know his inspiration for the double guitar thing was a Jazz sax player I forget the name of who played two saxes at once. But I was wondering how he works it out in his head?
2. Any advice as an instrumental guitarist for a living with a fairly low-profile career for making a career out of it?
3. To prove his manliness, will he play a hot pink guitar? Anyone who can retain masculinity while doing so is immensely manly, it's the ultimate guitar-oriented challenge to someone's manliness.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Quote by Will Swanson
He owns a pink glittery strat, but said he'll never play it live.

Ah-ha!

He is not manly enough to pull it off! I knew it!
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
Ask him what it's like knowing that there's a dude who wears a mask and bucket that plays with more feeling than him.
I like St. Anger. Ridicule me, daddy

Quote by ErikLensherr

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Quote by zgr0826
Ask him what it's like knowing that there's a dude who wears a mask and bucket that plays with more feeling than him.

Zing.
Quote by MakinLattes
dwelling on past mishaps is for the weak. you must stride into the future, unabashed and prepared to fuck up yet again.
Quote by crazysam23_Atax
He taught Tom Morello? Why isn't Tom Morello all "Hey, I hazz 5 hands and I can play withz my tongue"?

On a serious note, TS, ask him what it was like teaching rather successful musicians like Tom Morello?

i think Morello was a teen at the time so he wouldn't know he would be famous, to him it would be just another kid
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

Quote by TunerAddict

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
1) Ask him what he thinks makes a great Musician.
2) Ask him what he believes the most effective methods of practice are for various Techniques
3) Ask him for tips on how to be a successful Musician.

If you check out the MAB forum, you'll find he posts a considerable ammount considering his schedule and what not. He has some rly interesting and informative posts.
At least you get someone you like, all we get this Sunday is the pope.
Tell him you have part of his quad-guitar and use it as combination toilet paper/toothpick.
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by necrosis1193
I don't enjoy his music. It's a matter of taste, I'm not going to get into that since you do. More power to you for it.

However I have to admit I'm curious as to a few things;

1. I know his inspiration for the double guitar thing was a Jazz sax player I forget the name of who played two saxes at once. But I was wondering how he works it out in his head?
2. Any advice as an instrumental guitarist for a living with a fairly low-profile career for making a career out of it?
3. To prove his manliness, will he play a hot pink guitar? Anyone who can retain masculinity while doing so is immensely manly, it's the ultimate guitar-oriented challenge to someone's manliness.

That would be the late, great Rahsaan Roland Kirk. He also played flute and clarinet, and was one of the masters of circular breathing. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0JJmwq7KXQ
Quote by zgr0826

Say this. And keep Saying it. Over, and Over, and Over.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
To be honest I was expecting this thread to be about some new style of patio.
Those who have crossed
With direct eyes, to death's other Kingdom
Remember us - if at all - not as lost
Violent souls, but only
As the hollow men
The stuffed men.
Quote by zgr0826

Page 1 of 2