Page 1 of 2
Is it just me or is every band on the label starting to sound similar because of Misha/Bulb producing... well everything.

Don't get me wrong he makes everything sound pretty awesome, but all the drums have the same sound, and even the guitars have a similar (almost identical sometimes depending on the band) tone.
Actually Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris, and The Faceless (arguably Sumerian's three biggest bands) all have albums produced by Michael Keene, the guitarist for The Faceless. And yes, a lot of the bands on Sumerian sound quite similar, and that goes a lot further than just the production.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
All of those bands just wish they could be as good as The Faceless
CoB>FoB
"I am just a man, with a heart and sinful hands"

Gear:
Washburn Idol WI68
Washburn x-series floyd rose
Full stack Laney
other shitty amps/pedals/guitars
M-audio Interface
Whats up with Sumerian signing Bizzy Bone? Don't get me wrong; I like me some Bone Thugs 'N' Harmony as much as anyone else, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I was even expecting rapping over tech metal, but that's apparently not the case.
Quote by hildesaw
Whats up with Sumerian signing Bizzy Bone? Don't get me wrong; I like me some Bone Thugs 'N' Harmony as much as anyone else, but it just doesn't make sense to me. I was even expecting rapping over tech metal, but that's apparently not the case.

They also have Asking Alexandria and I See Stars so I could kind of see it
Quote by hildesaw

Isn't that what Painted in Exile is for?
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Actually Veil of Maya, Born of Osiris, and The Faceless (arguably Sumerian's three biggest bands) all have albums produced by Michael Keene, the guitarist for The Faceless. And yes, a lot of the bands on Sumerian sound quite similar, and that goes a lot further than just the production.

Well - I should correct myself, they are beginning to be produced by Bulb. Whenever I hear something new from any of these bands it sounds Bulb-y.

For instance... the newest After the Burial stuff.

Quote by nashawa
Isn't that what Painted in Exile is for?

Haha, yep.
Last edited by Kyle<3 at Sep 13, 2010,
Quote by Kyle<3
Well - I should correct myself, they are beginning to be produced by Bulb. Whenever I hear something new from any of these bands it sounds Bulb-y.

For instance... the newest After the Burial stuff.

Haha, yep.

That's After the Burial's own fault, though. They chose to use Axe-FX units on the new record. Pretty sure Will Putney is producing that.
Quote by MustangMan311
That's After the Burial's own fault, though. They chose to use Axe-FX units on the new record. Pretty sure Will Putney is producing that.

Hm, just curious regardless.

Not that I don't like the sound of it, I think all of his Axe FX stuff sounds great (has anyone ever looked up the price of those things? ... don't) but it has its place.
Quote by SeveredSurvival
The Faceless and Stray From The Path, best bands on the label.

Agree'd.

I have a love for Periphery too...
Quote by saxaxe
This.
If only Keene's production was as good as his guitar playing....

God damn it yes. He sucks ass at producing, why do they still let him do it?
Periphery are sweet, this label does have good bands.

I like almost all of them except I see Stars and Asking Alexandria have their moments.
I drink your milkshake.
Quote by SeveredSurvival
Periphery are sweet, this label does have good bands.

I like almost all of them except I see Stars and Asking Alexandria have their moments.

I saw I See Stars ages ago... I thought it was a fun show, and they're catchy at times. Asking Alexandria is basically the sceneier version of Emmure to me lol.
Emmure are pretty damn scene on their own.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
the guys in the band are dicks though. They're music is ehh, alright. But to each his own bro.
Get Busy Livin' Or Get Busy Dyin'.
Asking Alexandria is signed to sumerian therefore this label sucks.

██ ██
██ ██
██ ██

...Name a label that doesn't have any mediocre bands signed.
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
Quote by GodofCheesecake
...Name a label that doesn't have any mediocre bands signed.

Deathwish
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)
Quote by Nakedbythecomp
... Victory records has some good bands...

After looking through their roster, they have a total of one: BTBAM.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

Well that's like, your opinion man.

*goes and listens to Silverstein, A Day to Remember, and BTBAM*
Victory's got plenty of good bands.
BTBAM
Catch 22
Comeback Kid
The Scenic (just mentioned cuz I know someone in the band. Never actually listened. )
Ringworm
Streetlight Manifesto
Within The Ruins
The Warriors
I mean...overall, their lineup's pretty shit, but there are some gems.
Quote by UntoExistence
darkest hour? aren't they on victory?

http://www.victoryrecords.com/artists

Yup, never listened to 'em though. Or probably 75% of the bands on the label. Should I check them out?

I'm a sucker for Silverstein.

Edit: IFORGOTABOUTWITHINTTHERUINSWHATISWRONGWITHME
idk i love me some darkest hour. undoing ruin and deliver us especially. the other stuff is ok i guess.
EDIT: Pathology is signed to victory?
Last edited by UntoExistence at Sep 14, 2010,
Mannnn Darkest Hour used to be so good.. They are a band that has literally done nothing but get worse through the years, starting with City of Caterpillar.
I'm an asshole.
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot

You forgot Comeback Kid and A Hero A Fake (though the latter is more of a guilty pleasure, tbh)
Yes but Sumerian have Stray From The Path. Yeah, I'm aware that Victory has/had good bands but most of it is pure crap. Sure, BTBAM, Integrity, Old Hatebreed, Darkest Hour, The Autumn Offering, Ringworm and a few others which I can't think of right now made victory an actual good label. They've also got Within The Ruins, which is ace.

EDIT: To the dude claiming Deathwish has no mediocre bands. Backed hard.
I drink your milkshake.
Last edited by SeveredSurvival at Sep 14, 2010,
Guys, I heard that there was fellating Jacob Bannon and Deathwish. I came as fast as I could.

In both interpretations.
Quote by seeneyj
I thought the whole idea of post-hardcore was to mix techno and hardcore.....
Page 1 of 2