Page 4 of 5
Yes, this thread needs far more Heavy Load.

They will also be featured on my radio mix next friday.
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

Quote by pbiggie
Bought this on vinyl the other day:

such a cool album.

Yes. YES. YES.
Matthew 5:5 - "Blessed are the meek: for they shall Beherit the earth."
Would count Flower Travellin' Band as proto-metal, perhaps, but they mainly have that bluesy rock vibe... I do wish the singer could have toned down the wails just a bit, otherwise that album is marvellous. A joy to listen to every time.

Kep, you're doing another radio? Fab. Which Heavy Load album for a newbie?
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
Quote by Kepulix
I don't get how that album is so revered. A couple good songs on it, but there's much better NWOBHM out there as far as I'm concerned.

In my opinion it stands out due to the punk undertones and general grittiness. Closer to a band like Tyrant rather than Iron Maiden. Manly metal.
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Which Heavy Load album for a newbie?
You can pretty much pick one at random. They're all great, but I'll say Stronger Than Evil anyway.
Quote by Born Headless
In my opinion it stands out due to the punk undertones and general grittiness. Closer to a band like Tyrant rather than Iron Maiden. Manly metal.
The punky vibe is one of the reason I don't care much for it. I would use the word "adolescent" instead of "manly" in the case of Holocaust, though.

Thanks.

For punky vibes in NWOBHM, I'll stick to Tank.

...would you love me?
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Thanks.

For punky vibes in NWOBHM, I'll stick to Warfare.

Fixed that for ya there me old mucker

Hows tricks? Good to see you back round these parts.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
THIS IS THE NEW AGE BEWAAARE!

Heh, right you are. Oh, it's going so-so. Uni's fairly boring at the moment, and my flatmates continue to astound me with their general thickness - nothing special. Still waiting for the scrawny metalfagos on campus to start wearing decent shirts so I can give them appreciative nods when they walk by.

...would you love me?
Good to hear. Also, always stay in a constant state of ready-to-****y. Although it did me no favours tonight, haha...

You might also be interested to hear that Satan (court in the act lineup) are playing your country soon.

Here is the final billing

KEEP IT TRUE, ROCK HARD and KK ENTERTAINMENT presents

METAL ASSAULT II

SANCTUARY (USA)
(Exclusive first German Show since 1990)
HEIR APPARENT (USA)
(Original Line Up)
HIRAX (USA)
SATAN (UK)
(original “Court In The Act” Line Up)
THE SANITY DAYS (UK)
PAGAN ALTAR (UK)
SINISTER REALM (USA)
ANTICHRIST (SWE)
DARK FOREST (UK)
ASGARD (ITA)

January 14th 2012
Würzburg Posthalle
www.posthalle.de
www.facebook.com/metalassaultfestival

Tickets are already available at the following links:

http://www.inconcerts.de/de/veranstaltungen?tag=14&monat=1&jahr=2012&venue&id=673

or

http://ticket69.de/cms/front_content.php?idcat=498

and from the end of next week on at:

www.nuclearblast.de
www.hellionrecords.de

or directly from us

tickets@kk-entertainment.de
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Ooh, tempting... the whole thing, tickets and all, would cost about 60 quid. If I manage to find work in the next few weeks, there's sod all reason for me not to be there.

I'll admit that I'm unfamiliar with any of them besides Satan and Pagan Altar, although those two alone would be well worth the money.

...would you love me?
I'll let them surprise me.

Not too bent on Hirax. Also, Sanctuary is the pre-Nevermore band? Interesting. Perhaps I should give them some of my time.

...would you love me?
Quote by Kepulix
You can pretty much pick one at random. They're all great, but I'll say Stronger Than Evil anyway.
The punky vibe is one of the reason I don't care much for it. I would use the word "adolescent" instead of "manly" in the case of Holocaust, though.

Nah, you probably just get that vibe because you don't care for the punk side of it.
Quote by we_built_a_tree
Ooh, tempting... the whole thing, tickets and all, would cost about 60 quid. If I manage to find work in the next few weeks, there's sod all reason for me not to be there.

I'll admit that I'm unfamiliar with any of them besides Satan and Pagan Altar, although those two alone would be well worth the money.

Antichrist (SWE) are pretty cool, they just put out their debut album not long ago. From what I've been told from mates who have seen them when they've been over to Europe, they're meant to be killer live.
Thanks for posting these. All listed bands are great. That was the big time of rising metal One i like the most, other less, but all these bands are great
ha; my friend and I have been spinning their LPs on a regular basis. the band absolutely slays

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
After some time of being on a heavy metal break, I have finally come back to my love, thanks to a friend of mine. And so, I was reading this thread, thinking: 'This needs to be revived!'. Turns out it was not so long ago.

I think it's really a pity that there's no OFFICIAL Traditional Heavy Metal thread, so I think we should keep this one alive.

And so, to close, I'll leave you with these two songs. I think you all know Tank

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDf6crcY3i8

And here's a newer band, Skull Fist.

http://youtu.be/PmUdKPx8-54

Enjoy
My Gear:
Gibson SG Classic
Les Paul knockoff >.>
Vox VT30 with footswitch
EHX Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker
What does official even mean in this context? Just post in this thread ffs.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
There's an official thrash thread, and an official power metal thread, among others. I just thought this music was underepresented on here. I think that's a shame, because I love old-school metal.

Either way, I've found some new bands to listen to. Just wanted to say I'm happy I found this thread.
My Gear:
Gibson SG Classic
Les Paul knockoff >.>
Vox VT30 with footswitch
EHX Big Muff w/ Tone Wicker
I give up.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Nietsche
Tank are boring.
No matter how much I agree with any praise regarding Manilla Road (Astronomica's one of my absolute favourites), this is just plain wrong.

Their songwriting just seems really bland and weak though, no matter how many times I listen to them nothing particularly strikes me. It probably doesn't help that I keep seeing them mentioned in the same breathe as Venom when the first two or three Venom records are on another plane of existence compared with Tank.
For the sake of Éire and all music that is silly but brilliant - ban this man!

...would you love me?
definitely, man. great band, been listening to them heaps in the last few weeks. The vocals are especially of note

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Yea, definitely a killer band. Been listening to them a lot lately. Pretty sure that artwork is some of the most legit I've ever seen.
I have been commanded to bump this thread, and I implore all of you to check out Destiny - Atomic Winter at your earliest convenience. Not top tier, maybe not even second string, but goddammit, it's strong. I have to go back to work now, but enjoy.

Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
Ohohohhhoho They Should Have Known!!! Not To Play With Tha Powers Of Hellllll!!!
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by ambivalent615
I have been commanded to bump this thread, and I implore all of you to check out Destiny - Atomic Winter at your earliest convenience. Not top tier, maybe not even second string, but goddammit, it's strong. I have to go back to work now, but enjoy.

Ah, now I remember these guys. I'm lying of course, but they're an alright act. Can't see myself listening to them again, but I love the backing synth and those vocals are great, albeit a bit cartoony.
Quote by ambivalent615

O.M.G.

and I could smell this thread from a mile away

Who are you? The prince of darkness? Don't you have any friends?