I'm looking for ideas for a new tube amp. I recently sold my huge Mesa 4x12 and 100w tube amp setup; it sounded great but it was kind of a hassle to bring to jams and such.

So, I'd like some suggestions for a tube combo (or ~50w head + a 2x12) that I can get some good metal/djent tones (Periphery, Scar Symmetry) out of and gig with as well. I'd like at least decent cleans too (I like to play a lot of Opeth ).

My budget is $1000-1500 USD; used is definitely an option

I'm thinking a Mesa combo of some sort atm, but I'd like some other ideas floating around before I make a list of amps to try out
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.
I love my 5150 2x12 combo. It's 60 watts. You can get them really cheap used and the cleans are much better than people say. I play lots of Opeth. A chorus pedal and some reverb make the cleans shimmer. The reverb actually in't bad on the amp, but you can certainly obtain better with a good pedal.

You could save a lot of that money for other things.

Just my 2 cents.
Boom! fixed

http://oklahomacity.craigslist.org/msg/1947895503.html

you can thank me later. Is this close to you? You had a Single Rec before right?

There is also an XXX head on there. That and a 212 cab might work. There is also a Marshall DSL that someone is desperately trying to sell (multiple Clist posts)
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 13, 2010,
Mesa Mark IV (bet no one saw that coming...)
Mesa Rectoverb
Peavey JSX
I've been thinking about that Mesa Combo... I messaged the guy awhile ago and he never responded lol. Also, bump
Gear:
B-52 ATX-100
Mesa Oversized recto 4x12
Jackson DKMG (w/ BareKnuckle Warpigs )
Ibanez Acoustic

Feel free to add me or PM me.