I found one of these for sale (version 1, not G Major 2) and I was wondering if it is worth the investment.

I currently have a tubescreamer, noise suppressor, tuner, rack EQ, and never-really-used rack delay currently. In other words, I don't really have any time-based effects or a multieffect processor, which is what the G Major pretty much is.

I'd really like to start messing around with delay times, reverb, pitch shifting, etc. and was wondering if anybody has owned/used one of these?

BTW: The guy wants $270 for it, but I could probably get him down to $250. I still see these being sold new for $400, so I'm guessing it's a good deal financially. I just want to hear what anybody has to say about it. Thanks!
i was literally 1 minute away from posting on the G Major 2.

what i found what i was reasearching between the Maj 1 and the Maj 2, that it was a general consensus that the effects were better on the second, and i noticed that a lot of people complained that the Maj 1 would freeze or something and not turn on when needed or something like that. it was considered by a lot to be unrelaible.

i am only interested in the Maj 2 personally after what i have read, but i really like the intelligant pitch shifting. there are some cool demos of it, and it seems to operate flawlessly.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Well if the new one is much more reliable I think I'll just hold off on it unless somebody else has something to say.

I don't really want to spend $500 on an effects processor when I could put it towards a preamp or something else.
I had one, didn't like it.delay and reverb were fine and it was convenient, but most effects sound digital and poor.i think its overpriced,a cheap multi fx unit could probably get you comparable effects, though it would color your tone more.
I had one, didn't like it.delay and reverb were fine and it was convenient, but most effects sound digital and poor.i think its overpriced,a cheap multi fx unit could probably get you comparable effects, though it would color your tone more.
I think I might just save my $270 for something else then

Any recommendations on what I should save up for, rackwise?
I really want to get a preamp eventually, and use my head just for the poweramp, but I know I'll need over $1000 for anything decent (TriAxis, JMP1, etc).

EDIT: Used TriAxis for ~$700 on ebay. GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS GAS
Last edited by polishedbullet at Sep 13, 2010,
Take a look at the rocktron Xpressions. They are quite natural sounding compared to other processors I find. I use a prophesy which is basically a more complicated xpression with a preamp and a few other features and could not be happier.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
I've seen scratched up g-majors go for $125 on ebay. $1000 for a JMP-1?? I think I paid $375 for mine in like new condition.
I've actually been looking into getting one as well but the MIDI programming scares me off. How hard would it be to program this thing with a MIDI floorboard of some sort?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Quote by soul_power
I've actually been looking into getting one as well but the MIDI programming scares me off. How hard would it be to program this thing with a MIDI floorboard of some sort?

Depends what you want it to do.

I have my midi setup with patches. I press a button on the midi board and it loads my clean channel on my amp, switches master volume, switches to my clean preset on the prophesy and switches to the appropriate patch on my noisegate. This is very simple.

As far as programming a midi board to turn effects on/off I have no idea. Though reading manuals should make it pretty simple.
My Gear

Ibanez J Custom RG8570Z-BX - BKP Warpigs
ESP Eclipse II Full Thickness - BKP Nailbombs
Fender Mexican Strat - BKP Trilogy Suites.

Axe FX II - Matrix GT1000FX - Rocktron All Access.

Stinnett M7 in the works
Midi setup is simple on the G-Major thanks to its learn mode.

You basically hook everything up, choose the function you want to assign to midi, select learn, then simply hit the button on the floorboard you want to assign to the function. job done. repeat for other functions.

You can get into the more advanced programming like all other midi fx units but so far iv gotten away with using the learn function and iv been using the Gmajor for best part of two years now without a hitch.
ESP M-1 - Dimarzio Super3
Ibanez RG3270 ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Paf Pro
Ibanez RG1527
PRS CE22
Mercer Blackmachine Replica

Diezel Herbert
Diezel Einstein Combo
TC GMajor

Gain Wh0re and Diezel Mafioso
Well I realized I want to start looking into preamps before I get any more effects or rack gear. So far the JMP1 looks like a pretty good deal for the prices I can find it for. But the TriAxis I could also get if I save up a little more. suggestions?