....and I'm gonna buy something. Currently, I'm rolling with an Ibanez XPT700 Xpihos, Players Deluxe Stratocaster, and a Vox VALVETRONIX AD15VT amp.

Amp:
http://www.humbuckermusic.com/voxadva15wgu.html

This is all the guitar-gear I have. The music I play is all over the place, including hip-hop, pop, metal, rock, deathcore, classical, alternative and a bit of Spanish. Between the Ibanez and the Strat, I've more or less got my musical bases covered. I have about $600 to blow.

EDIT: I've decided to get an amp. What amp should I get? I want both a half-decent bluesy tone and an awesome crunchy, deep tone. I'm willing to buy used, too.

I've been playing for about 6 years, so I'm pretty proficient at playing. What should I get?
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
Last edited by gacharya at Sep 13, 2010,
If you're gonna be playing gigs at all, new amp.
If you're gonna be staying at home recording, just more practice, etc. I'd get a multiFX/preamp of some sort. Like a high end POD or something along those lines.
Washburn HM Idol w/ SD JB in bridge > Ibanez Weeping Demon > Korg Pitchblack > Digitech Bad Monkey > Boss NS-2 > Boss DD-6 > Egnater Renegade > Splawn 2x12 w/ Weber Sig12Bs

Or maybe some recording gear and work on writing songs..?

Definitely agree that if you're gigging you should probably go after an amp, but $600 is cutting it pretty low for most good tube amps that aren't straight-up "vintage voiced" (aka Fenders, Peavey Classic 30) and therefore not so good for the metal end of the spectrum (though they take pedals fairly well, so you could push them into that territory). I suppose the Bugera, Egnater, or Blackstar amps in that price range might work? Or the Peavey 6505 Combo (I'm unsure of the reputation of these, they're better than Valvekings yeah)?

If you're looking ahead to buy pedals an want a great amp that's flexible enough to get away with almost anything and sound DAMN good doing it I'd recommend the Vox AC15.

But if you're not gigging who knows? You could get a nice acoustic for that money. Taylor, Martin, A&L (Art & Lutherie)/Seagull, etc all make very solid acoustic guitars that are easily in reach of your budget (tho I recommend avoiding Epi acoustics, they're just not that good for the $$$).

A high end effects modeling suite, be it a POD, POD xT Live kinda thing, or a computer based set up like Guitar Rig or GuitarPort might be a good idea. It'll give you an opportunity to tinker around with different sounds without spending a ton of green...
You sir need a new amp. Promptly. A friend of mine has that amp and...no. I second the AC15 idea.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

i personally think an egnater tweaker would be perfect for you. it will allow you to get a decent voxy tone, great fendery cleans, and a sick marshall midgain-highgain crunch. add a OCD or something and you really have got gain. i have one and love it for the versatility.

also if you are unfamiliar, the Tweaker is NOT a modeling amp. it is all tube (12AX7 6V6). all it does to alter the tone is to switch the frequencys of the tone stack.

it would be perfect for versatility, and loud enough to play over a drumer.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Huh... alright, I guess I can go with an amp. I'm not gigging now (mostly because decent bassists/singers are goddamn impossible to find), but I'd like to be. If I could, I would. I guess I can live without an effects pedal for a while.

So, what amp? I need some decent blusey tones for my strat, and some awesome heavy tones for the ibanez... for $600.

Thanks for all the replies, helping me consider
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
What you think 'bout thaat?!?
I've bought, sold, and traded more gear than I care to admit.