A-----------------------------
E-----------------------------

E--------10-13-10--------
B-----11----------11------
G--10----------------10---
D----------------------------
A-----------------------------
E-----------------------------

and those damn 15s and17s aren't very loud because of my crappy hammer on. Also, the part of the into to Tenacious D's the metal, the hammer on spots arn't very loud (especially the other section of hammer ons in the intro)

any tips? especially for my pinky hammer on for teh sweeping
Quote by EnyoAdonai
turn all the settings to full on the amps so when an unsuspecting noob tests one they die
practice single string hammer ons first to strengthen your pinky like this:

|--8p5h8p5-------------------------|
|----------8p5h8p5-----------------|
|------------------7p5h7p5---------|
|--------------------------7p5h7p5-|
|----------------------------------|
|----------------------------------|

and just move the shapes around the fretboard
Whaaaat!!!!!!
Try Iron Maiden - Paschendale that will get your hammer-ons and pull-offs quite powerful at least it did for me Other than that do what the guy before me said. Another thing which might help like it helped me is do the following THRILLS!
Slowly like this
-12-13-12-13---------------------------------
------------------12-13-12-13----------------
----------------------------------12-13-12-13
etc on all strings when you're done with this go to the next step
-12-14-12-14 etc
and remember to keep the index on 12 the middle on 13 the ring on 14 the pinky on 15. The 12-15 will be the hardest but keep on doing it SLOWLY. Oh another recommendation - NO DISTORTION. When you get it to sound right on a clean channel, you'll melt faces with distortion
Make sure that when you are performing a hammer on, you hit the string as hard as you can, and for the pull off you do it at a slight angle. I am pretty sure the weakest sound must be the pull off, since hammer ons are usually pretty easy. If you pull straight off the fret, it will not sound very loudly however if you pull off at an angle, you are pretty much picking the string again... if that makes sense
Quote by krypticguitar87
Make sure that when you are performing a hammer on, you hit the string as hard as you can, and for the pull off you do it at a slight angle. I am pretty sure the weakest sound must be the pull off, since hammer ons are usually pretty easy. If you pull straight off the fret, it will not sound very loudly however if you pull off at an angle, you are pretty much picking the string again... if that makes sense

do not hit hard, hit fast. Like do it with a single quick motion not force. For the pull offs he's right
Quote by Dopemgs
do not hit hard, hit fast. Like do it with a single quick motion not force. For the pull offs he's right

Thank you for correcting me, I couldn't think of a good word to describe hammer-ons