In the bottom corners of my display there is an area that's lighter than the rest of them. It's been like this for a few days now. I'm guessing it's because I put my laptop in my backpack with my books when I go to classes, but it's cushioned and separated from the rest of my backpack/it's contents. Is this anything that cane be fixed? Like, should I just leave it off for a few days and not take it with me?

Thanks gaiz. If I missed a "The ONLY computer repair thread" or something, then my bad
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
sure its not water damage?

anyways discolouration and spots on lcds are pretty much unfixable
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Last edited by JimmyBanks6 at Sep 13, 2010,
I'm not sure how to fix it, but if it gets worse, it might be possible to take it to a computer repair expert.
Did you fap and discharge large amounts of secreted fluid that it ruined the screen?

Serious now: Maybe just leave it be for a few days and then check back.
Last edited by guitaristren at Sep 13, 2010,
I also don't think problem like what you're describing is fixable. Though you could probably get your entire screen replaced. Probably won't be cheap though.
Yeah, it's a discoloration issue. I was expecting that it wouldn't be fixable :/. It's nothing that's too bothersome, but if it does progress (I don't know how it would) then I'll just replace the display... somehow. Thanks guys =/.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
You cannot fix this unless you want an entire screen replacement.

This happens when it gets banged up too much. Lesson2learn: Be gentle dude.
People in the pit take my post way too seriously.

MyAnimeList
7-String Legion

If you have a question PM me and I will always get back to you.
It's called delamination. Don't worry it'll get worse. Only fix is to replace the display.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Don't worry it'll get worse.

Thanks for the kind words of reassurement...? I mean, if it comes to that I'll replace it, yeah.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Your LCD screen has warped due to the pressure your textbooks, sir.
Jackson King V KVX10
Line 6 Spider III 75 W.
Peavey 5150/6505 Combo to be owned at the end of 2010.
Quote by Nico the Great
Thanks for the kind words of reassurement...? I mean, if it comes to that I'll replace it, yeah.

your confusion cracked me up.
Sell and Promote your music TuneHub!

wy is yer mad at muy gramhar fer?

Quote by jimmyled
jimmybanks youre a genius.

aparently i ar smrt?
Quote by dyingLeper
jimmybanks youre a genius

GO SENS GO
Quote by Nico the Great

I wasn't trying to be mean. It's a fairly common problem on LCD displays. And it just keeps growing. The LCD backplane has delaminated from the crystal. The area will eventually go black and then begin to spread. Be happy it's not your 52inch HD monitor.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.