So, Ive been looking around at some marshalls lately, mostly just for fun, but I saw the MHZ15H (http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MHZ15H), and thought it sounded somewhat reasonable. All I own right now is a tiny Peavey Blazer 158. I have access to bigger amps (which are bass amps... but they dont sound bad), but they arent MINE :P. Also, Ive been buying effects lately, and Ive been angry at how bad they sound on my Peavey...

Do you guys know anything about this amp? I know its a 1x12", which I haven't exactly been recommended to buy. I want enough sound to play gigs... small to medium. Tube amps would be nice...

Does anyone recommend this amp? Does anyone have any recommendations for maybe a good, inexpensive, 4x12 tube or something?
i tried out the haze, and thought it was terrible to be honest. you could get way more for your money.

you could get yourself into an Egnater Tweaker, Rebel 20, Rebel 30, or maybe a dozen or two other amps for less money than that, that would have soooo much better tone.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I would not recommend this amp with a sound conscious. I know it is a Marshall and all but it is fairly low on my rec stack. I wouldn't want to play gigs with one that is sure. Also inexpensive cabs are usually not worth it either.

In either case, there are better products out there for your money if you are interested.

Budget?
Genres?
Home or Gig?
New or Used?
Closest City?
Current Gear?
Thanks for the head up guys.

I really like to be budget minded. I guess 500-1000 would be possible though. It would be nice to have a nice in between about gigging and playing at home. I can make plenty of noise at home, but I know that some massive stack wont sound good turned down to house volume... I play hard rock, progressive rock, hardcore punk, and even blues, so Im looking for something somewhat well rounded. As for new or used, I could go either way. I live in Montana, so there arent many opportunities to buy used... Closest city is 300 miles away (which would be POSSIBLE to go to, just really inconvenient). Right now I just play an MIM Strat, so its not like im looking for something mindblowing. Just looking for something that will last me a while, be appealing to me for years, and be able to gig.

Its way easier to think of solid state amps that fit my specifications... its just so tempting to go tube... haha

EDIT: What about the Valvetronix VT100? Im not particularly looking for a modeling amp, but hell, why not? (really, are there reasons not to?) Im a pedal guy personally, does anyone know if this amp would work well for that? Fits very well in my budget .
Last edited by AlskiOverload at Sep 13, 2010,
Quote by AlskiOverload
Thanks for the head up guys.

I really like to be budget minded. I guess 500-1000 would be possible though. It would be nice to have a nice in between about gigging and playing at home. I can make plenty of noise at home, but I know that some massive stack wont sound good turned down to house volume... I play hard rock, progressive rock, hardcore punk, and even blues, so Im looking for something somewhat well rounded. As for new or used, I could go either way. I live in Montana, so there arent many opportunities to buy used... Closest city is 300 miles away (which would be POSSIBLE to go to, just really inconvenient). Right now I just play an MIM Strat, so its not like im looking for something mindblowing. Just looking for something that will last me a while, be appealing to me for years, and be able to gig.

Its way easier to think of solid state amps that fit my specifications... its just so tempting to go tube... haha

i really think one of the Egnater Rebels would be perfect (its been so long since i played the rebels, i didn't remember which one was better than the 20 or 30, they are very different. they have the ablitily to run at lower wattage (i know the 20 can be set down to one watt, for natural overdrive at lower volumes. you have the ability to switch between tubes (6V6 and EL 84 on the 20, and 6V6 and EL34 on the 30), to give you more british sound or more american sound.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
What is your closest city? (Craigslist)

You should be able to find a Mesa Mark III for under $1000. Other than that, any of the Marshall JCM combos should work. Maybe a Peavey JSX.
Used Budda Superdrive 18
Used Mesa Lonestar, F series, DC series
Peavey Classic 30
Traynor YCV50
Jet City Amps JCA50 or JCA100
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Thanks guys, Ill check them out.

http://www.amazon.com/Vox-VT100-Valvetronix-100-watt-Amplifier/dp/B001O4QABY

Anybody know about these. I love Vox, never heard about this amp. Adjustable wattage too, this is really appealing just looking at it. 2x12, 100 watts, adjustable wattage, and 20 some amp models.
Quote by AlskiOverload
Thanks guys, Ill check them out.

http://www.amazon.com/Vox-VT100-Valvetronix-100-watt-Amplifier/dp/B001O4QABY

Anybody know about these. I love Vox, never heard about this amp. Adjustable wattage too, this is really appealing just looking at it. 2x12, 100 watts, adjustable wattage, and 20 some amp models.

Vox VTs are good amps, but you can do better in your price range.