So im not sure if this is the right place for this but here goes...

I am in middle of writing some songs but I never learnt how to arrange music in bars and such so the timing is balanced. For example, lets say i have a riff i want to use as an intro, how long should i play that intro that i can have drums and bass along with it and have it in time and synchronized. Everything in a commercial song is perfectly arranged and in synch.
Furthermore, how should my verse,chorus, and bridge sections be arranged?

Is there any good articles or sites i can be referred to? I've been scouring the web for a while and have not found anything adequate on this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're plugging an interface into an interface...

Interfaception

Pls tell me what is Interfaception. and how to solve.

i'm not entirely sure i understand your question but if it's one of how to arrange your songs then the answer would have to be the annoying one of 'it depends on the song'
i listen to a lot of my favourite music in through a musicians point of view as much as i do through a listeners point of view- and i can tell you for free that throwing muses arrange their songs very differently to how elliott smith does. the best i could say would be to listen to the tricks that your favourite bands or artists use, other than that my only suggestion would be to upload a song or two to UG and we can have a better idea of what we're dealing with.
take care
f
im not trying to know how to arrange songs. im not exactly sure how to word it, but im asking more about recording music in a balanced manner. with the right amount of bars and beats, in a organized song.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemicalFire
You're plugging an interface into an interface...

Interfaception

Pls tell me what is Interfaception. and how to solve.