Doesn't have to be tab, chord chart will suffice or something to get me in the right direction.
from the Altered Images version:

the verses and just about all the rest are Dmaj A

as in d b a a

Happy Birthday x 2

then a f# e e Happy Birthday

the bit where she sings "if they were me and I was you" etc goes exactly the same pattern
Last edited by WibbleWobble at Sep 26, 2010,
So you use Dmaj chord and play d d...d b a a single notes? He is switching up an octave or two and using 5th fret for a chord?

Sorry but I am newbie to guitar but I play piano. This song does look ridiculously easy but I need more direction. So there are 2 chords and 4 notes that repeat... Can u give more specifics on how to play it? Looks from the Video he is doing chords based on 5th fret? Is this an octave difference with same chords? Are you playing single notes or chords?
Last edited by brazosguitar at Oct 4, 2010,
It's single notes, I ain't very technically minded but I tabbed thisfrom the bassline (I know on the Altered Images song he's playing more than this but this is the bare bones of it)

G-------------------------
D---9-7-7----9-7-7----
A-5---------5------------
E-------------------------

and

G-------------------------
D-7-----------7----------
A-----9-7-7-----9-7-7--
E--------------------------
I've just looked at that TingTing kiddy program link and as far as I can see it's just a D chord and an A chord, and chuck in some A Maj scale notes ... So:

E--------------------------------------
B----7---------------------------------
G----7------------------6--------------
D----7------------------7--------------
A----5------9-8--7------7--------------
E-----------------------5-------7--9---

... and I reckon if you stick to using 2 fingers (index and ring), ignore the number 6 in previous tab, mute most strings most of the time and keep it sloppy you'll be fine.