I rly need feedback! I know my song is lacking something because it sounds empty, but i cant figure out what it is. Opinions are appreciated
i think UG should have a sub forum to the gear ads... for like recording equipment. not just guitars and amps and that stuff
hmm. im assuming its the song on ur profile (im gonna add you, btw) maybe you could put in a bass part, or another guitar part. im just shooting in the dark here, i've never written a song before
To get a fuller sound, I'd double track everything, then adjust the pans to a point where they sound good and balance. You can also bring the drums up a bit in the mix, that'll help fill space.

There are also a lot of really weird/rough timing things going on throughout (drums cut out then come back in a split second off, etc) and the first breakdown is really awkward.

I think you've got a lot of nice sounding riffs and once you clean up the drums and timing issues then retrack everything, it'll sound great.

Would you mind having a listen and commenting on the metalcore song I'm working on? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1361431 Thanks!
Let's party.
Arlight, I'll double track. How should I do the panning? like 100 left and right? Umm and yea the timing is werid, probably because the drums were electronic, and it took up a lot of time. And the breakdown is insanely awkward, they were meant to be triplets. Thank you for feedback!
i think UG should have a sub forum to the gear ads... for like recording equipment. not just guitars and amps and that stuff
Anything else i shoudl change? cuz i know theres more, i just cant spot it
I usually pan one hard left, one hard right and then have a centered track. Then leads/harmonies around 50% L/R. Just experiment until you have something that sounds good and full.
Let's party.
Alright. thank you!