Name me a good 1x12 cab for a very marshally amp... Think plexi/JCM800 kind of marshall... Any ideas? Max price is 500 USD, and I'd be willing to buy online and used.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Classic
Randall RM100 Combo w/ Plexi, JTM, Ultra, Recto, and Brown Modules
Options are kind of limited if you need a high power handling. You could go for a South Bay cab loaded with a 100w Scumback at that price though. Nice option for classic Marshall tones.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Low wattage, actually. Like, an 18 watter for size.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Quote by AxSilentxLine
So you're looking at an 18W clone type amp? for 1x12's I can never go past Orange

Not an 18 watter, just in that ball park for watts I don't wanna spoil what I'm getting in my upcoming NAD, though this will probably tip some people off right off the bat.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Quote by Phantom123
Not an 18 watter, just in that ball park for watts I don't wanna spoil what I'm getting in my upcoming NAD, though this will probably tip some people off right off the bat.

Budda SuperDrive 18 or GTFO
Quote by AxSilentxLine
Budda SuperDrive 18 or GTFO

Nah. I did look at those, but I aimed just a BIT higher :3 You'll see later. Anyways, cab recommendations? What about an Orange PPC112 with V30? Or an Avatar 1x12 with any celestion?
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
i just got an Orange ppc 2x12" and absolutely love it. avatar is nice too, but I like Orange better.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
More comments? anything less known? hell, more known. Just good :P
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
Aaaaaand I went with the Orange. Thanks guys! Expect a NAD on Saturday or Sunday.
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic
If South Bay hadn't raised their prices I'd still suggest that. You could probably find a used one in your budget though. Awesome build quality and the Scumbacks go great with Marshall type amps.

I wouldn't use a V30 loaded cab if you want classic Marshall tone. Since the amp will be 18w you're speaker options are pretty wide. You can get the anniversary G12H from Celestion which is kind of meh for ~$130 new I think. A Scumback would be like $180-$190. The Celestion Heritage series would be $200+. Any of those speakers would be good, with the Scumbacks and Heritage series sounding way better than the anniversary IMO.

You could get a PPC112 or an Avatar 112 and flip whatever speaker comes in them and buy one of the aforementioned speakers.

EDIT: Waaaayyyy too slow.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
If South Bay hadn't raised their prices I'd still suggest that. You could probably find a used one in your budget though. Awesome build quality and the Scumbacks go great with Marshall type amps.

I wouldn't use a V30 loaded cab if you want classic Marshall tone. Since the amp will be 18w you're speaker options are pretty wide. You can get the anniversary G12H from Celestion which is kind of meh for ~$130 new I think. A Scumback would be like $180-$190. The Celestion Heritage series would be $200+. Any of those speakers would be good, with the Scumbacks and Heritage series sounding way better than the anniversary IMO.

You could get a PPC112 or an Avatar 112 and flip whatever speaker comes in them and buy one of the aforementioned speakers.

EDIT: Waaaayyyy too slow.

It's ok =P I'll see how I fair with the v30. I have 2 G12T75's sitting in my Randall; I could switch for one of those if I wanna comparison
Gear
---------
JS20S Satriani signature
Gibson SG Classic

I would've went with a Greenback tbh.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com