Smack dab in the middle.... the smallest pedal on my board. A chorus unit from Malekko.

After 15 minutes of fooling around, I finally nailed down my "perfect" sound.... both knobs (depth and speed) set to 2 o'clock.

The sound is great... no volume drop or increase when turned on.... a little on the subtle side... which I tend not to like.... but it works well. Small footprint, cool paint job, and true bypass.

With distortion it's great for those 80's tunes. On the clean channel it adds depth and thickness.

Currently I'm running tuner-crunchbox-wah-chorus-flanger-delay-micro boost.

Looking for a place to put my whammy back... most likely after the wah.
Noooice, I always liked the Omicron series. Wah after distortion? Interesting.
We've dressed up in our best...

...and are prepared to go down like gentlemen.

Quote by bogg808
The PBT is for those too TGP for the rest of UG.

I know... I'm a weirdo when it comes to my wah.... need to figure out how to squeeze the whammy back in now...
After playing around with it overnight, I'm liking it more and more. On a clean channel it is nice for the Candelbox type rhythm playing. You can get the classic Nirvana warble if you crank up the speed.

However, with distortion is where it shines. I play (most often) in a glorified cover band.... and it nails the classic 80's rock tone... like Journey, Def Lep, Billy Idol, etc...

Planning to put the whammy back in between the wah and chorus... then do a "grid" of 4 pedals on the left with the chorus, flange, delay, and boost. Just gotta break out my george L's!
Quote by Way Cool JR.
Happy NPD glad you like it. At first I thought you got the MXR 80's reissue Micro Chorus then I read both knobs then I was bummed out. I think you would have been totally happy with the Micro yours sounds to subtle because it does not boost your signal with a volume increase. That is what gives you your depth and sparkle you look for in a chorus pedal. When you have no volume increase or a decrease in volume is what kills a lot of chorus pedals that otherwise would be really great.

I run my wah after distortion and OD to it sounds so much better that way. So your not weird your just one of the few that knows where they belong

I have to disagree. Some of the best chorus sounds ARE subtle (too much sounds waaay artificial anyhow).

btw, that thing is f'n tiny! how mal does it is beyond me. every chorus PCB i've seen has been pretty big.
Figure out how to squeeze your whammy on...? You have so much ****ing room. Haha.

Quote by bogg808

The whammy is still my favorite pedal on the board.... super fun to play around with. As far as harmonies go, it's great for the single note and solo runs.... not so great for anything else.

I actually used the whammy primarily for the "detune" (chorus) feature, the octavia effect, and pitch shifting.
Normally you go: Tune/Wah/Pitch Shift/Dirt. but with your situation I'd put it right after the tuner.

Quote by bogg808

I actually like using the whammy after the distortion as well too..... call me crazy. I enjoy the subtle tracking inaccuracies that the distortion provides.... some of my favorite guitarists like Morello (RATM) and Gerry Leonard (Duncan Sheik) use the whammy after the distortion as well... so i guess it's the tone I'm used to.
Hmmm, thank you, that explains why my OM is being even glitchier than normal.

Quote by bogg808