Hey all, I'm looking at the Fulltone OCD for distortion/overdrive and at their Fat Boost 3 for a clean boost.

Anyone have any experiences with or opinions on these pedals?

Many thanks
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
I had the OCD, sold it pretty quick. It sounds pretty good on Fender amps but I found it to be not a very good pedal on any amp thats British voiced
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
What tones are you looking for? What amp do you have? What guitar do you have?
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I have a custom made Warmoth Strat and a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe special series with a Jensen speaker.

I'm basically looking for beautiful cleans and a fat, tasty distorted tone. I couldn't really describe it any better for you.
There may be times when it is impossible to prevent injustice, but there should never be a time when we fail to protest it.

Take a trip down the Scenic River

Call me Charlie.
The HRD is the amp I liked the OCD through the best, if you want to try that sound out before fully committing to the OCD I have a v1 Cool Cat Drive that I'll sell to ya
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

i have an OCD and love it. you can find them on TGP for not too much over $100 for a V4 (current version). the HP/LP switch is nice to have, and another thing i really like is that the tone knob controls the high as compared to the mids on nearly other TS-esque pedal.

if you want a little bit more versatility i would recommend the fulldrive 2, but it doesn't quite have as much gain, but it does have a boost.

i like thier fat boost, i dont own one, but i have messed with one at GC. i like the version with the clicks on the boost knob better, i dont remember which version.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by lbj273
The HRD is the amp I liked the OCD through the best, if you want to try that sound out before fully committing to the OCD I have a v1 Cool Cat Drive that I'll sell to ya

Yeah Fulltone definitely makes great quality stuff but for the price the Cool Cat V1 is hard to beat. It's ridiculous how close to the OCD that thing sounds. Some very subtle differences that most people wouldn't even be able to pick out. Isn't the reason they made the V2 because they ran into some legal issues for the V1 being too close to the patented OCD circuit?
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
Last edited by soul_power at Sep 15, 2010,
The differences are there, but I actually preferred the CCD to the OCD when comparing the two. The CCD is kind of a smorgasbord of the 4 versions of the OCD.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7

Quote by gregs1020