Simply put, what is the worst guitar rig you can think of?

Bonus points if you've actually seen it.

Double Points if you have a picture.

I'll start.

I've seen a $99 first act guitar covered with kiddy stickers, connected to the microphone jack of an old os 9 imac using a 1/4 inch to headphone jack adapter, and the imac was somehow set up to sound out through the speakers. The strings were rusted, (i think) and the guitar had it's knobs pulled off.
To this day, I still know only Anime Rock songs. シ

Gear:
Squier Bullet Strat
Fender Frontman 15R
ZOOM G2.1u
marshall MG15DFX with a boss OD-1 pedal

ive seen it coz i used to own it

beat that!
Beginners nylon string mic'd with a Singstar mic into a computer.... I've seen it at my bass players house haha

Quote by rootbeerjuice

How are the tonal properties of stop signs, anyway? They're made of aluminum, right?

My Gear:

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Squier Bullet Strat (For modding)
Blackstar HT-5 combo
Boss OS-2

acoustic first act turned acoustic electric into a 15 watt no name repaired solid state amp
with a pre amp to give it more oomph
i saw it cause someone asked me to fix the amp build the preamp and put a peizo into the first act
i made 40 bucks and lost part of my soul
i tryed to make it sound better i truly did but it just sounded like crap
IT SOUNDED LIKE CRAP!
I'm fairly certain this thread is pointless if people consider "plywood starter guitars and amps that sound worse than a tin can" a "rig".

Personally the worst rig I've seen, though not the worst sounding rig (there's a difference!), was:
An Epiphone Valve Jr. into a matching cab.
Going into a wah, 3 different dists/ODs/boosts into 2 Boss ME-50s.
Into an Epi Gothic les paul.

The other guitarist in the band was using a US Fender and a 70s vintage Fender 40w amp.
THAT is they the rig was the worst.
The guy with the Valve Jr. was bogarting all the solos too.
Quote by HKSR33
marshall MG15DFX with a boss OD-1 pedal

ive seen it coz i used to own it

beat that!

You're doing it wrong. If that is a really bad rig to you, you're really well off.

My first setup was a First Act into a Silvertone amp. It was dreadful. I also had one of those tiny Fender amps, the ones that are worse than the Frontmans. Star something I want to say. But yeah. I had those 2 amps, and they were really nauseating, though I didn't know that at the time.

I can honestly say they were that bad, because when my friend at that time brought over his Marshall MG, it was hands down the best amp I'd ever heard. That's how bad it was.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Worst sounding?

Easy.

It was a Jim Root Tele (nice guitar) into a Boss Metalcore (eh) into a Boss Metalzone (not great) into a Line 6 Spider III 75 (blah) into old shitty computer speakers.

Yeah, both pedals on, and he needed to "keep it quiet" so he put it into the speakers. I don't know if words can really describe how bad it was, but the kicker was he thought he had a great tone out of it.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by lao123
Beginners nylon string mic'd with a Singstar mic into a computer.... I've seen it at my bass players house haha

nothing can beat this
Classical guitar with steel strings. I've seen plenty of people with something like that, and it's because they don't know better. It's okay though, they can play CHORDS. The neck is usually bent beyond repair, the top frets are recessed into the soundhole, sometimes the bridge looks like it's seconds away from pulling off, and you can pass a herd of elephants underneath the strings.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
The rig that's so comprehensive and expensive the guitar is forgotten.
Any combination of anything here. One of my favorites is the Tonika EGS-650:
What they've made is an unplayable super-heavy guitar with sick body shape, thickest neck you'll ever find and sound suitable for anything but music.

Starter packs are pretty awful, but they don't even come close to this. That said, I still distinctly remember mine. The tuners didn't, and the non-functioning bridge humbucker was its best feature.
anything with a line 6 amp. thats pretty much it
Quote by Don't Stop
Put a piece of tape on the headstock and write "Gibson" on it.
If done properly, this should quadruple your sustain.

Quote by pitobodies
That post is probably the deepest, wisest, most mature thing to ever spill forth from the Pit.

Metallica!!
Maiden!!
A7X!!
i use to use, when i first started playing, a crappy rip off legend strat (stil got it ) hooked threw a kareoke system. one of the really cheap ones from argos with the little screen and stuff.

that was untill i blew the speaker and decided balancing it on my bedroom window sill (outside) was a better idea than doing anythin else with it

surfice to say it sounded crap
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Fender Greta + 1x12 Homemade cabinet - For sale PM for details.
Gibson Les Paul Studio 2013 - Goldtop
Washburn Idol WMISTD
Ibanez RG LTD450CB1
Tanglewood TSE505
Zoom G2.1Nu
Dunlop CryBaby Wah
Expensive Schecter with active EMGs > Boss DS-1 (with the tone all the way up, because for some reason n00bs don't understand the concept of bass frequencies) > Fender Frontman 15

What sucks is that a person with a good ear who knows what they're doing could make this sound decent, but most people don't know how to do that.
Epiphone Dot
DIY Esquire w/Neovin Power Rock pickup
Vox AC30VR 212
Arion MTE-1 (LED clipping diodes added)
Vox Tonelab LE
Roland SDE1000 delay

Quote by DaMarsbarPerson
By high-gain I don't mean stupid stuff. I just mean styles like Motley Crue or Iron Maiden
Quote by Dimefromhell12
anything with a line 6 amp. thats pretty much it

ever heard a Vetta?

worst rig, prehaps a cheap dean ml running into a line 6 spider iii half stack
or my cheap no-name tele running into a cheap nasty amp at school
well, pritty much any guitar into those amps at my old school, they were nasty!!!
Quote by Led Dirigible
Crickets have too much high end for my tastes. I prefer a nice beetle, lots of warm low end.

tl;dr put a beetle in your amp for superior toanz.

Guitars: Schecter C-1 Classic
Westfeild LP e4500
Amp: Vox AD15VT
Probably my first band's lead guitarist. He had a BC Rich Masterpiece Bich(which wasn't a very bad sounding guitar but he used to beat the sh!t out of it...), some sort of horrid Yamaha HSH Strat with immense feedback(that's coming from a feedback fan here. Too freaking much...D=), muddy tone and a gluey neck, and a $600 Line6 SpiderJam. And now he's got a BC Rich JRV7, which he thinks is the best guitar on the planet, but the guys at BC Rich really don't know how to make 7 string pickups, and it sounds like a cheap Epi with the stock pickups. And the funny part is he thinks anyone who uses Fender, Orange or Gibson's a fag.
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
I don't know about THE worst rig, but I know a lot of guitarists who have several really good guitars which they play through a generic 15 watt practice amp. If they could afford all those guitars, why not get an amp to do them justice? It seems like of pointless playing a Les Paul or a Prestige RG through a Stagg combo.
i started out learning/playing guitar on a 250 dollar kit i found online. it was on discount and there was a guitar (the one in my DP), line 6 spider 3 amp (lol), one cable, a tuner, extra set of strings, and a cheap case.

i played on that for two years and that was possibly the kit that i'm most grateful for in terms of playing the guitar. it really made me a better player.

when i bought a schecter damien FR and a new 500 dollar marshall amp, i was so grateful for my old beater. i love my new set up, but i'm never getting rid of my old kit
I've seen people get good tones out of a Fender Frontman halfstack and a Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster with half the electronics ripped out and a broken nut. Getting a good tone is all about knowing your shit. Slash doesn't sound how he does by accident. Clapton didn't invent the woman tone by magic.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by sashki
I don't know about THE worst rig, but I know a lot of guitarists who have several really good guitars which they play through a generic 15 watt practice amp. If they could afford all those guitars, why not get an amp to do them justice? It seems like of pointless playing a Les Paul or a Prestige RG through a Stagg combo.

I half agree with you on this. Yeah, they're using fairly shitty low-power amps, but not everyone needs or is even able to use a 200-watt full stack. Why can't a bedroom rocker have a great guitar? If they're not gigging and just doing it as a hobby, the guitar becomes much more important. I'd care less about every nuance of sound, and more about the guitar feeling good and being higher quality. Yeah, tone is still important, but some small amps are great for that. But... they also aren't the small shitty ones.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Way back when I was a lad I once thought that running a Cort Earth 100-F acoustic with a Fishman preamp into a Line6 Spider II on the insane setting was a decent substitute for not having my Epi Les Paul at the time. That sounded fairly interesting...
Squier Bullet Strat
Fender Frontman 15R
ZOOM G2.1u
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by Afroboy267

What is this? I don't even

anywho, the worst rig I've seen is probably a vertical stack, with some fancy pedals hangin off the input (if you catch my drift)
-LTD Alexi 600
-LTD MH-100 QM
-Schecter Omen 6
-B-52 AT-112
Quote by My Father
So is this guitar Mexican made or human made? Wait, shit, that was really racist wasn't it?

My shitty covers: http://www.youtube.com/simpleben09