Page 1 of 2
Today I was listening to my iPod at school when Battery by Metallica came on, and I sat there thinking, "Holy shit, those gallops are farking fast! I'll never be able to play it!"

Later that day, I went home and started working on it, and achieved about 80% speed within about half an hour. Which shocked me.

How have you guys surprised yourselves? Music related or not!
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by N_J_B_B
Today I was listening to my iPod at school when Battery by Metallica came on, and I sat there thinking, "Holy shit, those gallops are farking fast! I'll never be able to play it!"

last season, I was ranked in the top ten for my stats, out of a few thousand people, for my job. I had only worked two weeks.

I just started back a few weeks ago, and I'm ranked number 17 for this quarter.

it surprises me because I hate my job and put no effort into it. I even got promoted. beats me.
Quote by N_J_B_B

Later that day, I went home and started working on it, and achieved about 80% speed within about half an hour. Which shocked me.

Bass or guitar?
FISH ON!!!!

Quote by Derk'ed
Women love it better with fingers. Treat a bass like a woman. Fingers or piece of plastic?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
Quote by hypno-beans
Bass or guitar?

Guitar. o_o
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
How I can sweat profusely while doing mundane things such as sitting in class.
R.I.P. Ronnie James Dio. Supplied amazing music to both me and my mother.

He will be missed.
This year was my first commercial release as a producer and engineer. It was also the first time I'd recorded more than about 6 tracks in a 6 month period. I was pretty surprised with the result given that overall we spent about 260 hours mixing over 4 weeks on a 12 track compilation album, and that the industry standard would have been about 480 hours.
I've also recorded and half mixed more than 50 tracks this semester at Uni, while last semester and all the previous ones I only managed about 4.
Quote by N_J_B_B

Just downloaded the Guitar Pro tab of Battery... it doesn't look hard at all for me, but maybe it's because I'm a rhythm guitarist and I always play gallops.

However, I'd say I was surprised when I tried drums for the first (and only) time. Within 5 minutes I was able to play some simple songs without problems. Way easier than I expected.
Ive always been pretty damn amazed at my ability to be average at everything i do and not excel at anything, quite annoying tbh.
I taught myself how to play the keyboard in a day...now I think my sister's pissed she spent all that time on piano lessons just to get where I'm at now.

But hey, I'm still pretty shite with theory =(
My science exam, thought i was going to fail but i got an A
Quote by jibran
I go to the pit only to just look at your creepy perverted username.

My Tumblr
my cumshot is explosive
Ill Take it all
Arrows and Guns.. Hundreds and more

Save you from one
my ability to be average.
Ibanez RGT6EXFX -> Ibanez TS9 -> Korg Pitchblack -> Peavey 5150 II head -> Mesa Rectifier 2x12 cab
Teh sex

lol but seriously not really. Jumping maybe.

I can jump pretty high. But not like high jump, more like rebounding a basketball. But that may just be attributed to my long monkey arms.

I'm like Lanky from DK 64

Quote by Våd Hamster
Find a dice and assign a number to each girl. Throw the dice.

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
First solo i played within a week was Muse - Hysteria when i first started, not at the same speed ofc But the fact i could follow the music so easily to begin with and get the fingers there in some what of a decent time really surprised me.

I do have a natural affinity at games, i'm strictly a PC gamer, i'd never played and xbox 360 before, or whatever Halo game was on it - a friend always said he'd own me on it (like all nub console gamers), so i go round one day and play it. 10-0 K/D for me whilst he has 4/5 and the rest of the server similar to my friend Needless to say i still haven't let him forget it

I went paintballing recently (a week ago today), i surprised myself when i went Cpt.Spiers from Band of Brothers on everyones ass
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
I didn't care too much about geography and ended up getting an A* with 98 percent....Also I had unimaginable hatred for my history teacher and was already planning to drop the subject, but then I got another A* with 96 percent...I decided to keep it
Quote by ChucklesMginty
Just this once lets not talk about masturbation.

Only a sex starved teen would think of masturbation as the only way to produce a cumshot.
Actually I surprised with my guitar skillz when I started. I was a heaps quick learner.

But yeah, now I'm shit cause I don't practice lol

Quote by Våd Hamster

The number you hope for at the moment you throw the dice, is the one you'll want to keep.
ololololol

Quote by Våd Hamster

I was surprised when I could do 6 string sweeps clean/fast the first time my teacher showed me how to do them.
i picked up a bass for the first time 2 months ago as a joke and turns out i am good at it O_o
i play an instrument. nuff sed.
Quote by larrytheguitar
How I can sweat profusely while doing mundane things such as sitting in class.

i bet i could out sweat you. I was voted sweats more than any other human being in highschool.

I work up more of a sweat by sleeping than most people do at the gym.
Quote by N_J_B_B

I looked at the paradise city end solo tab last friday, suprised myself when I shredded all the quick parts perfectly after like 3 days practice

Also TS, try learning the battery solo
The gear:

* Epiphone Les Paul Custom
* Schecter Jeff Loomis Signature 7 String
* Fender Squier P Bass
* Blackstar Stage HT-60
* Original Crybaby
* EHX Small Clone
* Boss DD-3
Once I ran then jumped on my bed to lay down, and I bounced back up really high, was surprised at the altitude I got.
I'm having my first go at writing for the graphic novel genre, pretty much the only medium I've never experimented with before. I'm surprised at how natural it feels; I've seen some layout sketches based on my descriptions/script and they look really good.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
The first time I played hockey I thought I would suck because I'm horrible at team sports. Turns out I'm actually pretty good at it.

That might have something to do with it condoning violence, though.

Oh yeah and my incredible ability to make every teacher I've ever had think I love the class/I'm paying attention/I'm a nerd when I'm actually drawing/sleeping/failing.
cat
When I did Latin at school I thought I was terrible at it.

14 languages later and it turns out I'm rather good at them. I learnt how to pronounce Arabic in less than an hour and I can now read and recite large portions of the Qur'an fluently without a dictionary.

The Army classifies Arabic as a Lv.4 language, one of the hardest, and I actually passed their exam for it.

I also was able to have a fluent Serbian conversation with a native Serbian speaker after two weeks.
i downloaded the guitar pro for Rust In Peace... Polaris, and was surprised i could sight play along with all rhythm parts of the song on the first go and pretty much had it all sweet by about the 3rd time through
It's nice when you look at something that you can't play and after a week of solid practice you get it. Surprises me every time tbh.

Quote by Karl Pilkington
Jellyfish are 97% water or something, so how much are they doing? Just give them another 3% and make them water. It's more useful."
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

14 languages later and it turns out I'm rather good at them. I learnt how to pronounce Arabic in less than an hour and I can now read and recite large portions of the Qur'an fluently without a dictionary.

The Army classifies Arabic as a Lv.4 language, one of the hardest, and I actually passed their exam for it.

I also was able to have a fluent Serbian conversation with a native Serbian speaker after two weeks.

That's totally awesome man! I've always wanted to be multi-lingual. I want to learn French after i've finished high school so I can talk to my bon papa properly!
Quote by SlackerBabbath

Stay classy, pit.
Quote by Fassa Albrecht

Wow, that's awesome. How long did it take to become fluent in Arabic/other languages? I want to learn a lot of other languages but I suck at it..
cat
Page 1 of 2