Hey guys, Snowman's back!

I'm a big metalhead (like the average UGer), but I've never been a HUGE fan of shred/metal solos. I'm more a rhythm player, because I love a good riff, but when I improvise solos they are nothing like metal solos. I can play metal solos, I just don't particularly like them. Then I realized they were very bluesy.

So, my fellow axe-men and women, I need your help to find some good blues songs to play on guitar. I'm ok at guitar, I can play pretty much any riff and my soloing is ok (Scream Aim Fire, Crazy Train, The Trooper is some of the stuff I can play). Fire away!

Melting,
Snowman.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Derek and the Dominos - Layla
Clapton's work is always grounded in the blues.

To be honest - any of the good bands from the mid to late 60's are electric blues based stuff.

Sounds lik you are a prime candidate for Led Zeppelin. Blues-based and heavy on the riffs.
I assure you its brilliant!
Quote by Metacaster
Derek and the Dominos - Layla
Clapton's work is always grounded in the blues.

Was gonna suggest that very song >_<

"Girls Watching" is a fun one by Paul Gilbert & Jimi Kidd. "Thrill is Gone" by BB King, check out the version where he duets with Gary Moore
Blues preferably, but blues-based metal is fine.

And I was thinking of Clapton actually.
Quote by Athabasca
My ex did the same. Cheated on me and then acted like I'd given her sister a facial. Women are retarded.
Layla is a bit of an electric staple these days!

Love playin along to BB king records - just play random notes in the right pentatonic scale and it sounds awsome!

Theres a tribute to SRV floating about the internet that sounds awsome too.
I can never tell what scale a song is in. But I know my pentatonic scales.
Quote by Athabasca
Well, you know the first pentatonic pattern? the lowest note (on the E) in the scale will be the rout note and the name of the scale. so, the first pattern played accross the 5th fret will be A.

Check out Buddy Guy's early stuff. and Hendrix, can miss hendrix.
I think that makes sense... Kinda...
Quote by Athabasca
Ok, I got Layla down no problem. I'd love to hear some more suggestions!
Quote by Athabasca