Hey everyone, I've got a new cheap guitar I'm looking to mod, and after finding out Manson will pick up my guitar and fit in a sustainer I decided to go with them, but I'm not sure about the differences between the 2 options they have on the site, which are -

http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/guitar-modification-parts-and-accessories/fernandes/fsk-101-humbucker-sustainer/

and

http://www.mansons.co.uk/shopping/categories/guitar-modification-parts-and-accessories/fernandes/sustainer-kit-fsk401/

The only difference I can see is that the second one is a kit and comes with a humbucker and sustainer.

I only want the humbucker sustainer and I was going to ask them to fit it for me anyway, Is there any other differences between the 2 pickups? Thanks.
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp
The 101 kit is just the Sustainer driver. The 401 is a prewired driver and bridge humbucker I believe. Personally I'd have them install the 101 and put in a Nailbomb at the bridge, but that's just me.
Quote by Kensai
Please, I eat gays for breakfast...

Quote by Kensai
I must be even further in the closet then
The FSK101 is a humbucker sized driver, the available modes are fundamental and 5th harmonic sustain. You'll need to do all the soldering of pups etc yourself.
The FSK401 is a single coil sized driver (as on Matt Bellamy's Glitterati Manson) and has the above modes plus a Mix mode where both harmonics ring. It's supplied with a bridge pickup as well so it is completely pre-wired.

Google is your friend =]
Quote by Hidden Hippo
The 101 kit is just the Sustainer driver. The 401 is a prewired driver and bridge humbucker I believe. Personally I'd have them install the 101 and put in a Nailbomb at the bridge, but that's just me.

Yeah that was my plan, ok I get it now.

And yeah I know google haha, I did check the Fernandes website but was still confused about it
Spiraling Up Through the Crack in the Sky...

...Leaving Material World Behind...

SOUNDCLOUD

GT - Elite Curbstomp