A quick demo video for my Youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/ShredGuitarAcademy that will feature among other things a new free guitar lesson added each day. I'm the current reigning Vancouver guitar shred-off champ two years running and a professional musician and teacher to around 65 students per week. I plan to make this channel the most comprehensive source for learning guitar on the web, containing everything from the most basic to the most advanced techniques for lead and rhythm guitar. There will also be lessons on just about every other subject related to guitar including theory, writing and recording, gear reviews, live playing...the list is endless. Be sure to subscribe!
Last edited by Caligulus at Sep 14, 2010,
Looks pretty good, subscribed
Just please, make theory more fun, and simpler
Gear:
Epiphone SG-400 (w/Hot Slags)/Chapman Guitars ML1 > Digitech Bad Monkey > Blackstar HT-5 > Danelectro Fish and Chips EQ > ETI Chorus Flanger
Snark Headstock tuner!
'reigning guitar champ'?! I never knew making music was about winning medals. I won't even look at your channel because you're clearly just another 60m notes per second generic 'shredder'.
Quote by GilbertsPinky
'reigning guitar champ'?! I never knew making music was about winning medals. I won't even look at your channel because you're clearly just another 60m notes per second generic 'shredder'.

What about people finishing music schools and getting diplomas? Isn't that sort of like a medal of musicianship? So all those who go into music schools are generic shredders?
Quote by Shinami
What about people finishing music schools and getting diplomas? Isn't that sort of like a medal of musicianship? So all those who go into music schools are generic shredders?

I love the fact that you asked me a question, then answered it yourself and put words in my mouth.

Stupid analogy, pathetic response.

'Medal of musicianship' is not even in the same league as being a 'shred CHAMPION'.

Finish a music degree and you prove you've learned to play an instrument well, with the knowledge of music and it's history probably clear in your mind both culturally and theoretically.

Winning a 'shred' 'competition' where you directly compete to show off your 'skills' is retarded.
Subscribed. The lessons are actually good and would come in handy for beginners at this point. Keep it up with some intermediate and advanced stuff.
Gear:
Fender Strat
Epi Joe Pass Signature
Epi LP Plus Top
Jackson Dinky
Fender Hot Rod Deville 212
Quote by GilbertsPinky
I won't even look at your channel because you're clearly just another 60m notes per second generic 'shredder'.

I have to agree. Clearly you are right about me because if there is one thing I know it's that the best way to make informed decisions is to not look at information and decide something sucks before looking at it. Thats always been my policy. I don't know why you have such a problem with trophies for guitar playing though, I mean how else are you gonna know who's winning? Oh, also btw you can hear samples from my upcoming solo album at www.myspace.com/caligulussupremus Shit, sorry I forgot .... not that you'd have to actually listen to it to be positive it's not good. But if anyone else on here wants to check it out please do. Can I hear some of your stuff?
Oooh get you with your sarcasm. You clearly told me. And anything with the words 'learn' and 'shred' don't warrant looking at, but just to rebut you i took a look....generic runs with the odd bend thrown in - same as the majority of people on youtube.
Quote by GilbertsPinky
I love the fact that you asked me a question, then answered it yourself and put words in my mouth.

Stupid analogy, pathetic response.

'Medal of musicianship' is not even in the same league as being a 'shred CHAMPION'.

Finish a music degree and you prove you've learned to play an instrument well, with the knowledge of music and it's history probably clear in your mind both culturally and theoretically.

Winning a 'shred' 'competition' where you directly compete to show off your 'skills' is retarded.

Shred champ contest winner gives more credibility then saying I'm a bedroom player. Also you need skills to teach. And whats wrong with winning competitions of skill? It makes you feel more accomplished. Competitions are not a bad thing. Also he's not doing lessons on super soulful impro's or history of music or composition, hes doing lessons on technique for shredding, a.k.a playing fast cleanly, and if he can do it why not make lessons about that?
Last edited by Shinami at Sep 14, 2010,
@Gilberts Pinky - If technical guitar playing offends you so much and you are so against even the word shred then why are you even reading this post and making comment after comment. Hilarious. Wow. Well, I'll leave it to others on here to critique my video. Everyone agree with GilbertsPinky?
Quote by Caligulus
I don't understand this comment?

He's reported the thread to the mods because they may consider this advertising.

GilbertsPinky, grow up.

You're definitely a good player. I've only watched the intro video as of yet and none of the proper lessons. Pretty good stuff, but might I recommend that you never say "you will get tendonitis, guaranteed" to your students ever again?
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Beat my shredding video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQYPCPB1g3o

ps. You are good player and your lessons are good and very comprehensive.
ps. 2. I just watched your lesson about left hand position and it's spot on, highly recommended to everyone - thanks!
Last edited by mdeeRocks at Sep 14, 2010,
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
He's reported the thread to the mods because they may consider this advertising.

GilbertsPinky, grow up.

You're definitely a good player. I've only watched the intro video as of yet and none of the proper lessons. Pretty good stuff, but might I recommend that you never say "you will get tendonitis, guaranteed" to your students ever again?

Ahhh - I read the rules - didnt think it would be a problem as long as it's related to guitar and they are free videos. I'm not selling anything. I just want people to find them.

Thanks for the compliment and good luck with getting the Carvin - I've got Three Carvins Myself and three old X-60B heads - you wont be disapointed!
Quote by mdeeRocks
Beat my shredding video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQYPCPB1g3o

ps. You are good player and your lessons are good and very comprehensive.
ps. 2. I just watched your lesson about left hand position and it's spot on, highly recommended to everyone - thanks!

Hey - thanks for the compliment!

And holy jaws of death!!!! Crazy!
Quote by Caligulus
Hey - thanks for the compliment!

And holy jaws of death!!!! Crazy!

Your picking lessons are very good as well and you are very good teacher. I have been taught pen analogy as well - if you get it's really eye opener, isn't it?

I'd really recommend watching these lessons for everyone, they are very high quality and provide very fundamental info, which is rare - and they are free.
Last edited by mdeeRocks at Sep 14, 2010,
Quote by mdeeRocks
Your picking lessons are very good as well and you are very good teacher. I have been taught pen analogy as well - if you get it's really eye opener, isn't it?

I'd really recommend watching these lessons for everyone, they are very high quality and provide very fundamental info, which is rare - and they are free.

Damn - thats kind of a bummer because I honestly had never been told that and thought it was quite clever and original when I realized that it would be a good way to communicate anchoring the hand to students. Great, first Ed Van Halen has to go and ruin guitar by inventing everything cool that can be done on it, now some other teacher is stealing my thunder!!!!

Seriously though glad you like em. An awful lot of hard work goes into these vids, but I'll keep em coming. I should have 2 or 3 new ones up within the next 24 hours. I'm mostly focusing on the basics right now because I think there is so little discussion of fundamental basic technique out there. I should be starting to put up some more advanced ones very soon though.
Quote by technical death
if we have questions, we can send you messages via the youtube mail right?

sure or post em on the channel comments - and if you like the vids do me a favor and rate the or comment on them - no one seems to be doing that and apparently videos get found more the more people comment on them
The demo video is good but please for the love of God remove the voice over....it's got a cheese factor off the charts and it would be hard for someone to take seriously.
Please do read the rules more closely. If you want to hang around and answer queries rather than just promoting your stuff, that's cool. If you have a video that specifically answers a person's question, please go ahead and do that.

Normally we ban people who sign up just to advertise but I assume you've simply misunderstood things and you want to help. Prove me right.