Page 2 of 17
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!!!!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
They're quite the booking, though as with Neil, i'm not familiar, gonna have to give them a go.
Hmmmmm, seeing as this seems to be Hellfest minus the really good bands, I might actually give it a miss for once.

But then again, last year's lineup was fairly shite but it was still quite the banter.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I reckon Im gonna pick this over Hellfest. Was only really going to Hellfest for Coroner anyway, and Ive yet to seen Morbid Angel live. Reckon Il hit Bloodstock and Hells Pleasure.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Quote by Stranglehold
I reckon Im gonna pick this over Hellfest.
If I took this cigarette and put it out on you...

...would you love me?
If enough end up going, have a proper meetup where people other than Me and Neil turn up!
I turned up last time but it was dark, I was drunk and all my beer was in the campsite so I just had a glance around, didn't recognise anyone and left.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by andyscoot
If enough end up going, have a proper meetup where people other than Me and Neil turn up!

If I eventually decide to go, I'll be there. You have my word.

Pretty set on visiting some metal festival outside the country next year and with Coroner coming, this could be it.

I'm curious. How exactly did you set up the meet?
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
We just all agree'd on a time and a place (After x band outside the tent by the sign)
Quote by we_built_a_tree

Come over to Bloodstock as well mang

Yeah I dont know about yiz lads, but Il drink with any of ye, not a bother. Definitely up for the meetup.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
I think the problem with last years meet up attempt was we didn't all know what each other looked like for the most part.

I gave coroner a quick listen yesterday, and it seemed good enough.
Quote by andyscoot
We just all agree'd on a time and a place (After x band outside the tent by the sign)

How will you know what signs there are before the festival?

Whatever the answer I'll probably feel stupid for asking, so...

Quote by AnnihiSlateR

I gave coroner a quick listen yesterday, and it seemed pretty much better than most things in all of creation

Indeed. Go give No More Colour a full listen with full attention. It will not disappoint.
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Last edited by Senor Kristian at Dec 1, 2010,
Quote by Senor Kristian
How will you know what signs there are before the festival?

Whatever the answer I'll probably feel stupid for asking, so...

Indeed. Go give No More Colour a full listen with full attention. It will not disappoint.

There was a picture up on the bloodstock facebook page, and there was a sign on said picture.

And I intend to. I've only heard a few tracks, but what I have heard has been pretty decent.
Surprised Priest aren't playing TBH.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Priest have essentially been ruled out by playing High Voltage next year.

But Opeth did both this year, so its not 100% out of the question, just highly unlikely.
What are the merch stalls like at this?
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Some decent, some rubbish.

I picked up albums from Omen, Forefather, Dark Forest (UK), Irminsul and Cathedral all for reasonable prices.

There is a german based tent thats been there every year that I have that it brilliant. I was tempted to buy a few Bathory picture Disk Vinyls for a reasonable £12 each this time. But they have everything in that tent, shirts, vinyls, cd's patches and a big selection of them.

but there are some pretty naff stall too though.
I'd imagine the German stall would be great for someone like you Strangles, some proper good stuff in it. Other than that, the rest tend to be shirt stalls. Market area isn't that big but you can at least pick up some decent stuff.
Nice one lads. Thats another bit of saving to do so
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
The merch stalls are pretty decent for new stuff but I've never seen any rare/decent second hand stuff besides a copy of To Mega Therion which was going for like £75 or something ridiculous.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Yeah I noticed that. I think they were selling a copy of Nightfall In Middle Earth on vinyl for like £30.
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
At The Gates announced.
Quote by ChemicalFire
Knew it. Will be cool to see the old stuff live...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
My only worry is, ATG's 08 performance was one of the best gig's I've been to, so I just don't know if this one will live up to it. But I'm happy about it none the less.
AtG were the band of 08 for sure. This time it seems a bit "cashing in" really. So long as they play stuff i know i'll have a blast.
That sounds horrible except for Grand Magus, ha ha...
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
ATG was the highlight of WOA 08 for me, so it's be a blast to see them on our shores.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Right, that's pretty much sealed the deal.

Not the greatest booking for the festival overall as they played 2008 but hey, I didn't go. Holding out hope that the Sunday headliner isn't crap, don't wanna be let down after AtG>Morbid Angel
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by Dyer's Eve
ATG was the highlight of WOA 08 for me, so it's be a blast to see them on our shores.

What was there set like?
Quote by Steve08
Acid probably makes you feel less like a hedonistic raver piece of trash, too.

I believe it was pretty Slaughter-heavy as you'd expect, with a few TSD songs and a couple from the first two.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
They should just do a TRITSIO/Gardens Of Grief show one day,that would be incredible. Just play through both all the way through,Violins and all!
Quote by Steve08

Thanks, well at least they did 2 from the debut.Kingdom Gone would of been great!
Quote by Steve08

To be honest I'm happy with newer stuff at an open air festival, but if they ever do a headline tour here I'd hope for more TRITSIO.
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo