Page 3 of 17
Quote by AnnihiSlateR
Tarot announced for mainstage, and Powerquest, Arthemis and Criminal are playing the Sophie Lancaster stage.

Only heard of Tarot, and they never interested me for a listen.
Well, I think Powerquest are decent, but I just can't get excited about seeing them.

I'd previously heard of Tarot, though never took the time to listen. Having now listened, I think It was a good idea not to listen to them for all this time. And I highly doubt I will listen to them again.

Arthemis, heard of the name, but thats it. Upon listening its pretty bland generic power metal. Doubt I'll ever give them a proper listen.

Criminal sort of remind me of the Haunted a bit, that sort of melodeath meets thrash. But I can't say upon hearing a few tracks that I had the urge to hear more.

All in all pretty disappointing really.
Though to be honest, the lineup is pretty stellar at the moment, i need some "sit in the tent time" anyway
yeah, though three are SL bands, so there's a chance they will clash with someone good.

I might invest in one of them walking stick come fold out chairs you can get
There's only usually about five or so bands I really want to see each year anyways, and this year has topped that by far, so some diddy bands don't really bother me. As you say, it's "sit in the tent (and smoke) time"
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Well, i'd imagine you'd all call it boozing time, but i barely drink at festivals. It's not a place I want to be drunk/hungover really.
Napalm Death self-confirmed.

As much they're one of my favourite metal bands and one of the best live acts I've seen, I just can't see it working at Bloodstock unless it's in the tent.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Jesus this'll make it 5 times Ive seen ND. Horrific money problems have pushed my ticket-buying back till February!
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
It's not definite untill the festival announces it, as Daath proved ini 09 when their album had a sticker on saying they were playing bloodstock amongst other shows, and nothing ever came of that.

But given there is an announcement on Tuesday, they have played before, and are quite popular, I think its fair to assume they might be playing.
How big is the tent at Bloodstock? Judging by the bands that play it usually I can't see Napalm going there but I'd love to see it
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Nice! Then I get to see them afterall. They played a small festival here in November. I was there but had to leave an hour before they came on.
Mono was so bad I could barely stand up...
Quote by rg_metal
I love to utilize furniture to achieve the desired penetration.

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by duncang
How big is the tent at Bloodstock? Judging by the bands that play it usually I can't see Napalm going there but I'd love to see it

http://c1.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/119/l_7e1e9ddd35f4407c99d04718f75c34fc.jpg

that's how big the stage is to give you a rough idea.

I heard it was 4,500 capacity.

Though Napalm played the main stage in 08 or 09, whichever it was they played last.
Quote by andyscoot
08 Brah

That pillar right in the middle of the stage gets me every time

What about the ****ing huge pillar in the middle of the audience area

Also: I'm not really seeing any exciting bands for bloodstock so far. I mean the band that I'm looking most forward to is At The Gates, going by the current line up.
I hope there are more big bands. Amon Amarth and Kalmah would be good.
Last edited by Metallica1554 at Jan 8, 2011,
A band called Brezno have been added to the new blood stage.
http://www.myspace.com/breznospace

They are a Slovenian Folk Metal band, who seem pretty decent if you ask me.

I think its probably come about as a result of Bloodstocks recent partnership with Metalcamp Slovenia.
Last edited by AnnihiSlateR at Jan 8, 2011,
Brenzo sounds like a gangster's nickname.
Quote by Ultraussie

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
Just listened to a track on youtube there - turbomegashit.

Hot singer though.
Quote by Ultraussie

Quote by Ingested
Either way dislike.

I hate the way festivals don't just announce bands as soon as they're confirmed.
Quote by ChemicalFire
I know what you mean, but the Tuesday announcement day has become something of an event in itself now
Often it seems they wait for certain things like the release of an album or the end of a tour or something. Though this year it hasn't been the case as much.
Yup.

My current plans are to fly to Nottingham a day or two before, visiting some e-friend and then head to the festival.
Quote by rg_metal

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Aah nice I see, I usually attend with my partner, were not together , and im not missing MA for the life of me , does this forum do a meet up or anything?
They did last year from what I've heard. I hope we'll have one this year too. Could be potentially fun and dangerous.
Quote by rg_metal

UGH!
taste
kaygade
The meet-up last year consisted of no one meeting up
Quote by ChemicalFire
Quote by Belizibub
Hahaha!, any specific band's you really want to be there?

There's already a good handful I'm very excited about and since this will be my first metal festival my expectations aren't that high, and pretty much every name I recognize will get me excited :p.

^This year will be better!

How's the atmosphere in general at this festival? I mean, how do people respond to random drunk danes crashing camp.parties?
Quote by rg_metal

UGH!
taste
kaygade
Quote by eazy-c
The meet-up last year consisted of no one meeting up

There's gonna be a lot more billy-no-mates this year (probably including me) who will be determined to make human contact
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Quote by Senor Kristian
There's already a good handful I'm very excited about and since this will be my first metal festival my expectations aren't that high, and pretty much every name I recognize will get me excited :p.

^This year will be better!

How's the atmosphere in general at this festival? I mean, how do people respond to random drunk danes crashing camp.parties?

Yeah, Morbid Angel are the big one's for me this year .

The festival, usually evryone get's along, you get some douche's but that is the same evrywhere, and Im not sure..... take a big hammer with blood splattered over it, im pretty sure no one will decline you then.
Exodus, October File and The Rotted announced

OF and The Rotted are both cracking live, don't really care about Exodus
Quote by justinb904

Quote by MetalMessiah665

Quote by azzemojo
Decent enough. Disappointed at no ND.

If we want the meet-up to work somebody should just make a sign or, perhaps an idea that should've been considered last time, do it when's there daylight and shit like that.
Quote by ChemicalFire
There was an attempt at a meet up. Me and Andyscoot met Isabiggles. (though technically Isabiggles was at the BOA forum meet, and me and Andy were camped together so it doesn't really count the same

I can't say im excited about Exodus as such, Not bad, just can't get excited. but I had a feeling they would get booked eventually.
OF seem up my street and I've heard Exodus are excellent live so a pretty good announcement for me.