I'm in need of a new guitar. Been playing for about 6 years all on a $200 Ibanez GAX which is now broken (well, I have to soulder it) But anyway, I thought this is a good time to look for a new axe.

I'm playing through a Peavey Valveking halfstack, I play with a band, mostly Metalcore/Post-Hardcore type of stuff. (August Burns Red, BTBAM, Attila) but I also like to play Indie rock and Jazz on occasion.

Budget is around $400-$500, No Trems please. Thanks
I hate my sig
Ibanez RGA32?
Bass Gear:

Mensinger: Speesy
Fender Precision 1989 (CIJ Rosewood)
Fender Steve Harris (CIJ)
Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by Fisheth24
Ibanez RGA32?

+1 i was about to post that
GEAR:
Fender Classic Player Jaguar Special HH
Ibanez RGA-32
Peavey Vypyr 15
Line 6 Pod Studio GX + Pod Farm
Quote by Zead2
+1 i was about to post that

Got there first . TS, the RGA32 is just like the Ibanez RG series, but it's an archtop so it's lighter than an RG and it's a fixed bridge guitar and it has active pickups. so that means no trems and no messing about trying to change strings and it'll give it a more bass filled response (I think, could be wrong)

Don't know what the prices are like where you are but in the UK you could get one for around that much.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
used esp, ec-1000. it might run a little higher than 500, but totally worth it, imo.you can get one with either duncans or emgs. awesome guitar overall
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
Quote by SomeBlueKind
http://www.rondomusic.com
Good quality, low prices

I might add it's only good if your in America. Importation and shipping would cost a bomb.

Edit: I see that the TS is in America. The problem now is you can only get Agile guitars online.
Bass Gear:

Lakland J Sonic 5
Epiphone Explorer
Maruszczyk (custom) Jake

Ashdown CTM 100
Quote by JOEYPWNSU
used esp, ec-1000. it might run a little higher than 500, but totally worth it, imo.you can get one with either duncans or emgs. awesome guitar overall

I should have mentioned that I can't play ESPs. Somethings about the way the volume knobs are placed makes it impossible for me to pick. Also, I will definately look into Agile guitars and give the RGA a shot, even tho I haven't been previously impressed with the necks on the RG series
I hate my sig
Guitars
Fender American Standard Strat 2008
Burny late 1980's Super Grade RLG-70 Les Paul
Sterling by Musicman JP50
Fender Classic Series 60's tele
Yamaha FS720S
Amp
Roland Microcube
Fender Blues Junior III Humholdt
Quote by holycow

The ESP is a little out of my price range and I also don't like ESPs (see previous post)
But it's funny you mention those Schecters. I've been really considering Schecter more than anything lately. I'm gonna have to try them out again.
I hate my sig
Quote by Fisheth24
I might add it's only good if your in America. Importation and shipping would cost a bomb.

Edit: I see that the TS is in America. The problem now is you can only get Agile guitars online.

Just checked the link. Those are some seriously low prices... but like you said, its hard to tell if you like a guitar without playing it first :/
I hate my sig
epiphone 1958 korina explorer. people on here will bash it cuz it says epiphone but i have one and i tell you what it is a solid guitar. outstanding craftsmanship and an overall great value. or go used on craigslist.org.
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Quote by iheartgun
epiphone 1958 korina explorer. people on here will bash it cuz it says epiphone but i have one and i tell you what it is a solid guitar. outstanding craftsmanship and an overall great value. or go used on craigslist.org.

Thats a sexy guitar. Reminds me of what Claudio Sanchez plays. I def need to try that out
I hate my sig
Go to Ebay and search for schecter guitars.You'll find a wholesale company that sells factory second and blemished schecters at a great discount.The guitars are brand new from the factory,but have some cosmetic flaw like a finish bubble or a dye mark on the binding and so on,so for a simple cosmetic blemish you can get a new guitar for like 30% off,which is a nice deal.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by QuantumMechanix
Thats a sexy guitar. Reminds me of what Claudio Sanchez plays. I def need to try that out

Had one and loved it. Actually looking to get another, I almost regret selling it, but I made a killer profit.
Knucks on Claudio, too.

I'd also maybe look into PRS- they make great stuff at decent prices. A used SE can be had for $400-$500, and I think most of the models are available with a hardtail.
Quote by Wisthekiller
tl;dr How does one safely remove the smell of a corpse from a banjo?

Would you run down past the fence?

Tell us, is the black box lying?
Quote by Pink Muse
Had one and loved it. Actually looking to get another, I almost regret selling it, but I made a killer profit.
Knucks on Claudio, too.

I'd also maybe look into PRS- they make great stuff at decent prices. A used SE can be had for $400-$500, and I think most of the models are available with a hardtail.

I do love PRS. I was seriously on click away from buying an SE 24 but I decided to wait and then the price went up. If i could find one for under $500 I'd buy it.
I hate my sig
Here's a link to the seller I mentioned earlier:

http://instruments.shop.ebay.com/Electric-/33034/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ipg=&_ssn=mauery21804&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

He has some higher end diamond series models that are on sale and within your budget.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Ibanez Xiphos. It sounds awesome on the really heavy stuff, and can handle the indie stuff pretty well too. Oh, and did I mention IT CHANGES COLORS?

http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-XPT700

The finish is a lot better than it is in the picture. It's shinier, and has a sparkle to it.
The chugging on this guitar sounds better than any other I've ever heard, period.
Quote by pielover375
So last year, I put some potatoes in this jar and forgot about them. Today, I found them, and when I opened the jar, there is a puddle at the bottom and it smells like alcohol. If I drink this, do you think I will die, or have I made potato vodka?
I'll also go with the idea of PRS.

I love both of my PRS Custom 24 SE's. They're great mid-ranged price guitars, and if you watch ebay enough, it's pretty easy to find them in the $500-$550 range NEW.
Quote by gacharya
Ibanez Xiphos. It sounds awesome on the really heavy stuff, and can handle the indie stuff pretty well too. Oh, and did I mention IT CHANGES COLORS?

The finish is a lot better than it is in the picture. It's shinier, and has a sparkle to it.
The chugging on this guitar sounds better than any other I've ever heard, period.

It's a shame you don't know how to read.

But there are lots of other recs that are really good already, I'd say go used when you come to a decision. If you get lucky you can save 50% off the retail price and still get a guitar in mint condition.
Quote by Pink Muse
Knucks on Claudio, too.

+1 i also have a prs se custom i got it for 650ish i cant remember exactly but they are also a awesome series of guitars. but used ive seen them as low as 300. superb build, outstanding stock pickups and for me the neck is the sex. i dont like thin necks like ibanez guitars. either the epi explorer or the prs se line of guitars are great choices. happy hunting!!!
Live Rig
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Telecaster
Michael Kelly Custom Shop Plum Patriot

EVH 5153 50w
Jet City 2x12
Custom Board

It is NOT trash metal it is tHrash metal...get it right
Quote by Pr0gNut
Here's a link to the seller I mentioned earlier:

http://instruments.shop.ebay.com/Electric-/33034/i.html?_catref=1&_fln=1&_ipg=&_ssn=mauery21804&_trksid=p3286.c0.m282

He has some higher end diamond series models that are on sale and within your budget.

Thank you! I couldn't find him earlier. I will definately look through what he has

Quote by gacharya
That looks great as well.... if only they had it with a hard tail. And I haven't seen that around at sam ash or GC to try out
I hate my sig
Man I'm really tempted by those Agile guitars but it sucks not being able to try them out. Can someone who's played one compare how the neck feels to another guitar?

Edit: Sorry for double post
I hate my sig
I love how the word "Epiphone" is often left out of the the description of people's suggestions on here.
Quote by gacharya

That's one of the most hideous things I've ever seen.